Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Right now I believe it realistic that somethings is coming in May, however I don't know what that it is and have not been able to find any clues yet.  I have found a couple miner things in my web browsing but not major.  My two minor news points are a 1/72 Spitfire Mk I and a 1/35 Hummel, which is German Artillery.  Those in my opinion are their run of the mill items though.  I expect a major release at Shizouka based upon their passed history.  I was very encouraged when they released their new 1/16 Sherridan in Germany as I think it means the slot for a major Shizouka release is left open.  The Sheridan was their big item for Nuremberg.  If they did not have a big ticket item in plastic for Shzouka I think they would have just featured the other releases.  

I know this is reading between the lines logic but until we see something concrete, all we can do with Tamiya is read between the lines.

Well myself, I wouldn't complain if the P-38 turned out to be true, my preference would be a J series over the L. A Razorback P-47 would be very welcome, as would an upscaled Spitfire Mk.I from their 1/48 effort. But being honest, if its 1/32 and Tamiya, and has a prop then I'm likely to buy regardless. It's a sickness I have. Though I might just be strong enough to forego it if it's a 109G. Probably. Maybe. Perhaps.

11 hours ago, ericg said:

A 109 to do something innovative and give the market something we haven’t seen before.

There is no 109 out there in 1/32 that is up to Tamiya standards like their Spitfire, Corsair etc, so I would welcome a Tamiya 109 of any marque.

i am sure I would not be the only one.

Tamiya has a lot of models that they issued both in scales 1/48 and 1/72 that they never scaled up to 1/32 such as FW 190, Ki-61, P-47, F4D-1, F-84G, M6A1, N1K1-Ja . "Existing kits" predict nothing. They may do a 109, or then again they may not. And no, it is not "easy" to shrink-o-rayo (or enlarg-o-rayo) models from one scale to another. It can be done, but each model will have to be done individually. Trust me, I know, I am doing that NOW! :-) The only thing that may stay the same is the "outer shape", but that is only a tiny fraction of a model. Everything under that skin needs to be done from scratch within tooling limitatons and tolerances. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

P-38 would be great. Of course the Fokker G.1 was the best twin-forked devil :)

The Me-109...also possible. Or how about a Hurricane?

Jets: as mentioned by a lot of us. Re-issue the Thunderbirds kit, A (MLU) model and a twoseater. New F-14A/B/D in light of TopGun2 (Maverick)...or go for the Super Hornet?

I just don't understand the resistance to re-release the T-bird kit??  Even in non T-bird boxing it would be a hit.  And then throw in a few sprues and LG to update to a Block 52. Give the builder a choice.   How many years have all the other 1/32 jet kits been on the market, but yet they decided to kill this one??

As I said before, I really don't care what new 1/32nd release they put out; Ill buy one............... jet, prop, doesn't matter.  I normally only build 1 of any one aircraft that I like, unless I'm super passionate about it but Tamiya is not putting out a 1/32nd Tigercat, so no worries there.   

For me, unless its another Spit (Not that I dont like the Spit, I just already built one) of some type, Ill buy one, site unseen. 

Do not try to find any logic behind the Tamiya release policy or you will be very, very disappointed. I'm sometimes wondering if the direction of the winds over the mount Fuji has no influence on their decision to release this or that...

If you absolutely want them to release another large scale variant of the Tomcat, Eagle, Phantom, Viper, Mustang, Mosquito, Zero, Spitfire, or Corsair, I think I know what is the only reliable strategy: buy the company to change the release policy!

Otherwise, if you do not have that amount of money, get their new LSP kit as you would receive a non-disclosed gift from a lottery and you will appreciate far better what they propose. Finally, relying on such a Zen attitude is an approach that is more compliant with the way they act ;-)

Thierry

Tamiya, WNW, whatever.    These topics simply just.... yawn,  don’t do anything for me.   Year in, year out.  Someone will eventually bitterly complain it’s another brilliantly produced Bf-109G-6 Tamiya offering.   I’m telling you all now , it’s a 109.  (Humor).   

We certainly don’t need another torch blower unless perhaps it’s a F -102 or F-106?   

Keep up the endless banter, finish your current build and carry on.   

7 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

ZM has announced a Bf109G, haven’t they....................

Not that I recall, but Ive been wrong on lots of stuff before.   Unless it was hidden in some other thread somewhere, nothing noted at last years US NATs by the old man. 

8 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not that I recall, but Ive been wrong on lots of stuff before.   Unless it was hidden in some other thread somewhere, nothing noted at last years US NATs by the old man. 

Yes, after the HS-129 comes out and the FW-190s arrive (that could be a while!), they are supposed to then be focusing on BF-109G, AR-234, and P-51 B/C.

I'd still love to see a Tamiya Bf-109 or pretty much any other 1/32 WWII aircraft.  They owe us something German next though IMO!

5 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Yes, after the HS-129 comes out and the FW-190s arrive (that could be a while!), they are supposed to then be focusing on BF-109G, AR-234, and P-51 B/C.

Ill be happily wrong on that!    I have one Has G-14 in the stash, but honestly Ive built a few ZM kits and while a bit over-engineered, they generally fit very well, are decently accurate and you can feel the passion they have for modelling. 

Id buy a ZM 109 for sure.   And As to the rest, Ive said it before, saying it now, and Ill continue to say it................a well done P-51 B/C is a licence to print money.