Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

The whiff of unsubstantiated wishful thinking suggests a Bf 109 G in May and/or a Mk.IV Mossie bomber in September.

Personally, I'd like an all-new-tool F-14A Tomcat.

I fear it may be 1/48, which might interest if Tamiya do an LTV A-7E or Republic Thud. 

Tony 

As much as it disappoints many, including myself I have been told on good authority that Tamiya is done with 1/32 jets.   YOU would think that a revised Tomcat and a family model F-16 would be no brainers, but that is the word.

After the nightmare that Chuck went through with his Trumpy P-38,   I would hope that maybe that is a possibility but with Tamiya it  is anyones guess.

Just my 2 cents

I want an updated 1/32 F-16! 

*Re-release the T-Bird kit so I can build a block 42 without dropping a crapload of cash on aftermarket parts.

*The biggest area they failed us is the lack of weapons that came with the Block 50.

*Give us all the weapons like the Academy F-16I

*More decal options

*"D"-model option

Edited by JAWS

I would not in the least be surprised in Tamiya completed its Final Countdown collection with a 1/48 LTV A-7E. 

But agree with Gary re: paraffin consumers in 1/32, barring perhaps an Me 262 with an engine that smells of a mix of Saki and engine oil as a scratch'n'sniff modelling experience.

Tony 

Unfortunately, I tend to agree that they are probably done with 1/32 scale. They had been releasing a kit, whether it’s a variant or brand new kit, about once a year, but that stopped after the Mosquito was released in 2015.  Then it was two years to the -1D Corsair and nothing since.  If they do release anything this year, I think it’s likely to be a version of an existing kit, not a new tool.  If they don’t release anything new this year, I’d say that’s proof they are done.  My feeling is that they’ve passed the 1/32 baton to Z-M.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, ghatherly said:

After the nightmare that Chuck went through with his Trumpy P-38,   I would hope that maybe that is a possibility but with Tamiya it  is anyones guess.

That's been my #1 choice forever, Gary! I would sell my entire stash to buy a Tamiya P-38 in 1/32. And I would probably have to.

Just now, TAG said:

Fingers and toes crossed for a sized-up, manscale version of their glorious Jugs.

Im definitely not looking for a new  1/32nd Jug atm, but that has always been my contention, that not unlike their release of the Birdcage F4U, Tamiya would release the lesser popular P-47 (razorback) next then a bubble top. 

Personally I like the Razorback way more, but it seems like the bubbletop is the more popular version.