DannyVM

KH Northrop F-5N Tiger II WIP

Ok guy's, time for a update. I was a little in doubt, whether or not to open de gun bay area's. Finally, why not, let's give it a try, and i'm quit happy with the result.:D

For the gun bay area's i used some Eduard pe, not much, but enough to make the difference.

1lfompOl.jpg

hg8KEP9l.jpg

After everything was glued and ready for painting, i used the new AK real color black which i received together with the Tirpitz book i ordered from AK directly. A nice present, so i give it a try and i was very pleased with the result.

gk1y9BPl.jpg

Next thing to do, giving the gun bay it's grey base color.

wQwHm8sl.jpg

Details are painted with a mix of Alclad, MRP and Vallejo colors.

zKdvhGol.jpg

5RiAyFRl.jpg

bbW0Gssl.jpg

Finally a wash was added, for this i used the Tamiya brown panel line wash.

rcfAT3vl.jpg

OzucffNl.jpg

xuOIKMIl.jpg

y7Q0ZBSl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

13 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That looks awesome, Danny!

Thank's Ray. I was in doubt to open up the gun bay's, because of the rather heavy appearance of the kit's ammo belt. I had the Eduard pe ammo belt from the Big Ed set, but this one was way to short to use this in a proper way so i had to stick with the kit's belt. After all was painted i was happy i did.

I have just seen this thread, a great start.  I have the kit in my stash and there is a problem with the tail decals for the scheme that you have chosen.  Look closely at the sun burst the black AF insignia, the one on the right is mirrored and clearly wrong.  It is not something easy to put right.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/kh/pages/kh_32018_parts7.shtml

56 minutes ago, BarryWilliams said:

I have just seen this thread, a great start.  I have the kit in my stash and there is a problem with the tail decals for the scheme that you have chosen.  Look closely at the sun burst the black AF insignia, the one on the right is mirrored and clearly wrong.  It is not something easy to put right.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/kh/pages/kh_32018_parts7.shtml

I'm not gonna use the kit decals Barry. For this build i all ready have the Furball Top Gun decal sheet. I also decided which color scheme i'm gonna use.

W5pEFVol.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Nice work, great choice of scheme.

Thank's:speak_cool:

At the moment i'm waiting for the colors to arrive, but for now, i'm working to some details which are need to removed to get the proper configuration for a 80's bird.