A new 1/32 F-16D is out...

a.c.acikgoz

ALL of the twin seaters are the Academy Sufa plastic since that’s the only two seat 1/32 injection molded F-16 out there.  Some boxings may drop one of the sprues with the IAF specific weapons, but the rest is the same.  That’s known and never been questioned.

My point is that someone comes here and tells us of a new kit boxing, and most of the comments are simply dismissive in the vein that it’s too expensive since it’s “just” the same old Academy plastic, with almost no discussion on the specifics of the boxing itself.

Edited by Dave Williams

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'm more wondering what the resin is, and if it's the same as the AVF resin chute pack and wheels/doors ect.

I’m guessing that it’s a rear tail with different ECM firings for one or more of the decal options.  Since it’s a Block 52 kit, there would be no need to include new wheels or doors.

The AFV Club resin doors were badly warped and I think slightly undersized as well. I think I ended up using the kit parts there even if inaccurate.

Also, if you bought the AFV Club kit from Asia it was considerably cheaper than in North America. Mine was less than $100 when I got it. 

Carl

Yes, there is resin tail part in the kit, different from plastic parts... Also PE from Eduard and Microscale printed decals... And yes, price is a bit high for domestic market, but it includes %18 VAT... But we have custom duty of additional %30 of regular %25 for all plastic toys from korea, % 50 from US... 

Edited by a.c.acikgoz
Typo

4 hours ago, a.c.acikgoz said:

Yes, there is resin tail part in the kit, different from plastic parts... Also PE from Eduard and Microscale printed decals... And yes, price is a bit high for domestic market, but it includes %18 VAT... But we have custom duty of additional %30 of regular %25 for all plastic toys from korea, % 50 from US... 

Thanks for the explanation 

2 hours ago, a.c.acikgoz said:

Not at al...

BTW , I am not the seller or owner of the company, but I did designed the box and instruction sheet...

Good to know, and thanks for posting. Its always good to hear the facts from those closest to the product.