A new 1/32 F-16D is out...

a.c.acikgoz

That is QUITE a steep price for the two place Academy plastic............................

1 minute ago, ScottsGT said:

Especially when I can still get a SUFA boxing for $150 shipped from Korea.

JUST what I was going to put!  Beat me to it. 

It’s not a normal production Academy kit.  It’s a limited edition for a specific market in a specific country, and the company that is doing the reboxing is the one setting the price, not Academy.  Also, who knows what the manufacturer is paying for the resin and PE add-ons especially for a limited production set.  Finally, without knowing the specifics of distributor markup, taxes, etc. in a certain country, it’s tough to say whether the price is fair or not.  The fact that you can get a kit for cheaper on eBay is true for many kits, so I’m not sure that’s a valid metric by itself.

Remember, they aren’t making and marketing this kit so people around the world can get a cheap Sufa kit.

Edited by Dave Williams

5 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Looking at the link provided, it shows small white box in the kit box that says “Resin Tail”, so I’m guessing that means it comes with a resin tail part.

Sounds not unlike the AFV offering with resin. Which, if I'm not mistaken is also the same Academy plastic.