Mil Mi-24 Hind Tiger Meet

BloorwestSiR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks everyone! It took much longer than. I expected to finish this build. Part of that was having to order a replacement pitot tube. 

IMG_20191106_152631-L.jpg

That arrived about a month ago. I was then into a different build and got that finished before the Hind would make a return visit. 

Unfortunately two weeks ago I had a heart attack while dropping my boys off at school. That led to triple bypass surgery a week ago.  I've been home since Sat and finally ventured down to the bench. The pitot is on as well as the chin gun and before I stress out any further, I think I'm going to call this one done.  I know there's still the wipers and a step to add so maybe one day I'll get to those. 

IMG_20191106_165635-L.jpg

IMG_20191106_170616-L.jpg

IMG_20191106_170633-L.jpg

IMG_20191106_170649-L.jpg

2 hours ago, mark31 said:

I love it nice work you have done with here

have he same kit and masks

one day it will be build

Mark

Thanks Mark! 

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Hind looks great, Carl! But shocked to hear about your heart attack and surgery, and glad to know that you're on the mend. Take care of yourself, and do what the medicos tell you!

Kev

Thanks Kev! It really was quite the shock. Even the cardiologists were shocked that I had to get the bypass surgery. They figured a stent was all i needed but the angiogram showed otherwise.

28 minutes ago, BradG said:

Oh no, that's no good mate, I hope you're feeling better! Hind looks super, I will add to the gallery!

Thanks Brad! I've been home since Saturday but have to watch what I do so I don't hurt myself. I've told I'll be back to normal in about 6 weeks so we'll see. One thing's for sure. I'll have a great costume for next Halloween seeing as I'm covered in scars.:D

Carl

10 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

That's looking awesome!!!! Those masks seem to be really good. Maybe one day I'll build another one and use this scheme.

I hope you get better soon. Take it easy

5 hours ago, Azgaron said:

Very nice work! It looks awesome! :)

Take care and get better soon!

Håkan

Thanks guys!