That looks fantastic, Carl! Great work.

Kev

On 7/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, man that looks amazing!!

On 7/8/2019 at 4:35 AM, BradG said:

That looks mean.

Thanks Kev, Brian and Brad! 

54 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

Wish I'd known about those masks when I built mine - I might have done that scheme instead of the Czech version

It's a great kit from Trumpeter - although I didn't get the step you had - that was just unfortunate for you but you recovered it nicely.

Looking forward to the next update

Si

I only got the kit after I saw the masks come out. After I bought these masks, I asked to DN do a couple of custom sets of Tiger Meet masks for a CF-18 and Mig-29UB in 1/32. The CF-18 I'm hoping to start at some point soon. 

As for the Hind, It has been a really great kit to put together. The step in mine is almost certainly due to the fuselage having been crushed. Everything else has just gone together very nicely. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:09 AM, dustiepal said:

This is just a killer build. The mask set really makes a big difference, fantastic work!

Dave 

Thanks Dave! 

On 7/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, Rick Griewski said:

Oh my what a nice looking model.  I traded off this kit and after seeing this I will have to get another and the masks?

Rick

Thanks Rick! If you do get another, I have an extra set of the canopy masks for it that I won't need. 

Got the rotor head all masked and painted up. 

IMG_20190716_100254-L.jpg

Followed by the blades themselves. 

IMG_20190716_104831-L.jpg

I painted the underside in black and the upper sides in green. Then everything was put together. 

IMG_20190717_094759-L.jpg

At the moment the gun barrel and pitot are all that's left. I broke the Master pitot. It bent so nicely into a Z pattern so I will need to order a replacement. 

In the meantime, we leave for vacation tomorrow so it'll be a while before I finish. 

Carl