HB B-24J "Going My Way"

TimW

More progress.  Scratch built a bomb release/bomb door control.  Seriously, HB, what WERE you thinking?   Oddly, I'm enjoying taking my time with the interior, adding bits and bobs that were (unaccountably) left off.  Or the stuff that should be there and may be on the sprue...whatever.  Still having fun.   Got replacement turrets, but realized I only have one set of kit parts for the tail turret...I need another one.  Guy on EBay doesn't have that sprue, so I may have to get even more creative with the plastic card.  Need to scrounge some more instrument decals from my Mike Grant and Airscale collections for those various dials on oxygen regulators and so on.

6j92C9j.jpg

W2ZTE64.jpg

05FbUpC.jpg

hi Tim

What replacement turrets did you get? (Sorry if you have already said)

What are they like?

re the kit parts for the tail turret, you should be able to buy these off trumpy / hobbyboss - that's what I did; took a few weeks but the parts did arrive.

the email address I corresponded with after going through their website was joanna@trumpeter-china.com

not the cheapest but you get to order whatever sprues you want and they will ask for payment via paypal (or did with me)

cheers

Nick

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

hi Tim

What replacement turrets did you get? (Sorry if you have already said)

What are they like?

re the kit parts for the tail turret, you should be able to buy these off trumpy / hobbyboss - that's what I did; took a few weeks but the parts did arrive.

the email address I corresponded with after going through their website was joanna@trumpeter-china.com

not the cheapest but you get to order whatever sprues you want and they will ask for payment via paypal (or did with me)

cheers

Nick

I'll do that--I just to be sure what Sprue it is (I think it's Z).

The turrets are basic--resin base and clear upper portion, as discussed here and available on Ebay.  I think they'll look much better than the kit ones, which are just weird and (for some reason) have that right through the middle seam that nobody likes, even on the old Monogram 1/48th kit.  You'd think they could have addressed something like that...well.  It's a big B-24 and so far I'm having fun with it.

cheers,

Tim W.

• 3 weeks later...

Still at it.  Waiting for the sprues to arrive.  I imagine that might take a week or two.

In the meantime, taking a breather so I don't burn out.   Might work on a P-40 or something "easy...."

Cheers,

Tim W.

2 hours ago, TimW said:

In the meantime, taking a breather so I don't burn out.   Might work on a P-40 or something "easy...."

I can see that, its a big kit with a LOT to do. I was even thinking of starting an egg plane or something substantially less "serious" (if there is such a thing in our hobby

On 5/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I can see that, its a big kit with a LOT to do. I was even thinking of starting an egg plane or something substantially less "serious" (if there is such a thing in our hobby

Yeah, even my "easy" projects turn into overblown products.   Most of the time, anyway!

Tim W.

• 3 weeks later...