HB B-24J "Going My Way"

TimW

Looking good Tim!   Always can use anther Mess.

37 minutes ago, TimW said:

I may continue this as part of the Group Build, assuming I can still do that.

For sure...................the standing rule is less than 25% completed prior to the GB entry, and it appears you are way, WAY under that. 

More interior bits.  Still a lot to do.  The rather empty bulkhead in the radio compartment I'm jazzing up a bit based on photos and how Monogram did it...

Rather surprising how few photos there seem to be of places like the nose section (lots of D, not many Js).   I freely admit I'm going for effect as much as accuracy, but since the plane's shaped all wrong anyway....

You can see the seats.   Working on the belts and weathering.   I can't complain about how this goes together--so far, no real issues apart from those circular molding things you have to fill or sand off--but that's most models anyway.

Instrument panel up next.  I may come up with some sort of blanking part to cover the back of it, not that it'll be terribly visible but I'LL KNOW IT'S THERE!

UVnTsXc.jpg

qiBcKaD.jpg

lXQKsMh.jpg

Excellent set of radios and other items arrived today from resin2detail.  Im just not clear where the several smaller radio receiver thingies go.

It seems no two Liberator interiors were arranged the same way!  Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers, Tim W

Accomplished a bit more than planned, as some out of town travel fell through.

I've robbed some bits from surplus Eduard B-17 sets and the rest is plastic card and wire, etc.  And the Resin2detail oxygen tanks and radio gear... awesome.   Still not sure where to put the radio receivers...

http://imgur.com/xyNo8I0

http://imgur.com/vyHR5Ir

Hey Tim 

There are seven pieces in the Resin2detail set.

The large radio piece is the BC-375 Transmitter.

The small radio piece is the BC-348 Receiver.

The (5) smaller radios are the BC-459-A which together make up the USAAF/NAVY SCR-274N, AN/ARC-5 command set. They were used for communicating between aircraft or there base. They could transmit/receive voice, code or constant tone for navigation.

Ron G 

16 minutes ago, RonGUSA said:

Hey Tim 

There are seven pieces in the Resin2detail set.

The large radio piece is the BC-375 Transmitter.

The small radio piece is the BC-348 Receiver.

The (5) smaller radios are the BC-459-A which together make up the USAAF/NAVY SCR-274N, AN/ARC-5 command set. They were used for communicating between aircraft or there base. They could transmit/receive voice, code or constant tone for navigation.

Ron G 

Thanks!

I'm just not sure where the BC 495 radios go.  Im assuming somewhere in the radio room?

14 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Can't help with  the radios but what you have done so far looks most impressive.

Cheers

Dennis

I did some more creative Googling, and it looks like those radios were located above the bomb bay, which wont be visible.

So unless I find some other evidence, I'll go with that.

Cheers,

Tim W

Hey Tim 

If you go to the web and look for B-17 photos you can find photos that show how you can mount them. Also I don't know if you had to have all (5) radios. I've seen pictures of a B-25 that only had two of them.

Ron G