F2H-3/4 Big Banjo

Dandiego

• 4 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I last posted on this project,  and its because of the fact that I will be moving.

Currently I am breaking down my work bench and boxing everything up. Move date is the first of November. Probably will take a month after that to be back in business. 

Toodles, Dan

• 2 years later...

Hello. I have recently been re-reading your work description on the Tigger/ID Banshee here. I just got this kit from Tigger, but there were no plans included-I am a veteran vacuform builder. Not complaining, but need a set if possible from some means. I would blow up 1/72 or 1/48 plans if there are some. Are there any of you out there have a set from the old ID days? Also, what wheels did you use- if you can remember? I see that several potential candidates may be out there. I have been a fan of this bird since my youth, and did up a 1/48th vacuform kit- I don't know who the maker was- back in the 80's. Your buildup has gotten the juices flowing to do this 1/32nd scale Banshee. Any help would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Steve Eagle said:

Hello. I have recently been re-reading your work description on the Tigger/ID Banshee here. I just got this kit from Tigger, but there were no plans included-I am a veteran vacuform builder. Not complaining, but need a set if possible from some means. I would blow up 1/72 or 1/48 plans if there are some. Are there any of you out there have a set from the old ID days? Also, what wheels did you use- if you can remember? I see that several potential candidates may be out there. I have been a fan of this bird since my youth, and did up a 1/48th vacuform kit- I don't know who the maker was- back in the 80's. Your buildup has gotten the juices flowing to do this 1/32nd scale Banshee. Any help would be appreciated.

What a blast from the past. Whenever I do one of these vac builds I generally download some generic plan from the internet, print it out and have it enlarged. It's been a couple of years and I don't remember too many specifics. Hardest part is always getting a solid base for the wings and fuselage . Canopies are usually very difficult as well.

Wheels.....came from the spare parts bin. Who knows what kit they came from. This was one of my last models before I started using a 3d printer. Most of the items that I made by hand back then I would now produce with my 3d printer. 

Dan

Edited by Dandiego