Dragon BF 110 D (Completed)

Neo

18 hours ago, mozart said:

I can see why you're so pleased with the shark mouth, looks really "sharp". 

Haha indeed. Im quite happy. From close you can see some shading ala white basing! Quite happy

9 hours ago, Shawn M said:

nice work on the sharkmouth!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent results! 

Not near your work but im happy!!

8 hours ago, monthebiff said:

That is superb, you should rightly be very happy with the shark mouth

Regards. Andy

Thanks. Im quite satisfied. Since the cross marks gave me quite the trouble i was afraid of the red bleeding onto the white

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Luvly jubbly

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Small update. 

Ive had a good set back while applying my panel wash 2 weeks ago. I got some damage to the paint job and it really killed my MoJo. 

This week i decided to push ahead and finish it. Final alclad semi gloss went on. Then i added all the bits. She is now standing on her legs, wings installed. Last night i make some streache sprue dor the antennas and installed and painted it. 

Ill post some pics from my PC later today

Cheers

here we are

VkPgqjV.jpg

i dont have a picture of the front but that is where most of the damage from the wash is, the yellow looks really dirty and there are 2 spots on the shark mount that the paint was damaged all the way down to the base coat, so i strategically added some dirt with tamiya weathering pastels

Thanks guys. 

So the issue i ran into is that the thinner i used to whipe away the wash was too powerfull and ripped trought the clear and the paint. 

The main clear coat was Alclad klear gloss. After doing one wing the clear was getting attacked so i stopped and applied tamiya x-22 then tried again. I had the same issue. Im using MM enamel thinner to clean the panel wash that id Tamiya panel line accent brown. 

Followint Brian suggestions im going to get some mineral spirits and give that a try next time. 

My main pet peave is that the panel line wash ended hup more a sluge where all the paint got stained it does give it a dirty used look but thats not what i was going for. So the cockpit is now way too clean for the outside. 

Ill post some final pics soon. 

I have stab counterweight and boarding lader left to install

Cheers

2 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

That's such a shame for that to happen on such a great build. Its too good a build to write off, the repair option has to be worth it? 

Not to worry its not written off. It just not to what i was expecting. 

I have completed the build. Pic are in the  lightroom queue