1/24 Airfix Stuka Aftermarket?

Gisbod

Hi All,

In a rush of blood to the head, I’ve just bought the large old Airfix Stuka... I’ve been tracking them on eBay, but then today I saw a dusty one at the back of the shelf at a model shop. It seemed like fate.

Seeing how long this kit has been around, I assumed there would be a mountain of aftermarket. But there seems very little! I can get the HGW generic fighter seat belts, I’ve seen generic PE rudder pedals and a brass instrument panel with decals, but is there really nothing else?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good detailed build thread?

Many thanks

Guy

I recently bought the Trumpeter 1/24 Ju-87D-5 under much the same circumstances.  The price was right ($129.99) and I decided to take a chance.  The kit is so-so.  Detail is minimal, plus it has those damnable plastic-dissolving rubber tires. but it seems like a good kit to practice on.  Now I have the same problem as above -- virtually no aftermarket, except the Airscale instrument panel, which I  assume is adaptable to the Trump kit.  I've been searching far and wide for some resin replacement wheels without success.  I'm resigned to the fact that they don't exist.  Guess I'll put this kit on the shelf for now in the probably vain hope that some aftermarket will appear by and by.   

I built the Airfix Stuka a couple years ago, its probably the best Super Series Airfix did in 1/24, there is no major AM for this kit, but it is enjoyable out of the box

The montex masks are worth it as the have both inside and outside masks, the framing is complex

Its a good big kit for its age

Thank you all,

I’m just surprised that’s all. To be honest, it will be fun building it without and adding what I can along the way!

Just wanted to know my options...

Guy