HGW Bf-109E-7/7B - Announced!

Jan_G

looks good

i have quite a few of the DML 109s in the stash, but at least this makes them more available I guess

desperately waiting for someone to bring out paper seatbelts which are already constructed - if they do it for instrument panels why not belts? God knows I'd pay for them :D even in 1/32 they are just too damn fiddly

On 6/11/2019 at 4:21 AM, Gazzas said:

Well, ain't  that great!  The Eduard 109's are crap, and I'm on the Never-buy-Trumpeter-again train.  This opens options that weren't available before just this morning!

Not sure how I feel about decals over frames of control surfaces.  Some things just scream "break me/ruin me!"  

Sincerely,

Unrepentant 109 Lover

I've built the Eduard Bf-109E4 and thought it was fine.  Typical Eduard issues to deal with, but the kit goes together.

The Dragon 109 is great only if you want to leave the cowling off and show off the engine.  The kit is horribly mis-engineered such that you can't really put the cowling on the plane without some heavy surgery.

So many 1/32 aircraft kits have issues!  

I'm still waiting for Tamiya to do the 1/32 treatment on all the German stuff.  I may be waiting a long time!

Nick, I agree that some paper seatbelts are very fiddly (Sutton ones come to mind, which is a function of the original design) but I’ve built several sets of Radu’s Luftwafffe belts without finding any problems.  I now have more completed LW belts than completed LSPs actually....

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, nmayhew said:

desperately waiting for someone to bring out paper seatbelts which are already constructed - if they do it for instrument panels why not belts? God knows I'd pay for them :D even in 1/32 they are just too damn fiddly

But , but you are a modeller. .....................I feel your pain. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:21, Gazzas said:

Bueno, no es genial! Los 109 de Eduard son basura, y yo estoy en el tren Never-buy-Trumpeter-again. ¡Esto abre opciones que no estaban disponibles antes de esta mañana!

No estoy seguro de cómo me siento acerca de las calcomanías sobre marcos de superficies de control. Algunas cosas solo gritan "¡Rompeme / arruiname!"  

Sinceramente,

Impenitente 109 amante

Some time ago I was looking for a Bf 109, I asked in a thread about eduard's BF109 and they told me that it was not bad but that of dragon was better, but I just saw this thread, is it good HGW?

I ask from ignorance why I have never had any HGW kit