Jump to content
LSP_Ron

Academy AH-1Z Cobra

Recommended Posts

It's a beautiful kit. I received a test shot a few weeks ago and Academy really did an outstanding job on it. Fit is excellent and the details are nice and crisp. I have a sheet just about ready to go, but will more than likely add to it after my trip to MCAS Cherry Point and MCAS New River this week.

 

FL35001-AH-1-Z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good. Isn’t it the “Viper”, not the “Cobra” now it’s the Z model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will definitely get one. I am currently building the Academy AH-W with the Verlinden detail set, master barrels and Werner Wing's vac canopy. The kit is showing its age and lack in détails but the fit is not bad and it has very nicely done positive rivets all over the fuselage. Looking forward to the Viper to display it next to the Whiskey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why o why won't anyone offer a kit of the ultimate Cobra -  the AH-1G?    I gotta believe the market for that one would be substantially bigger than the one for the Zulu version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought one, received an e-mail this morning that it has shipped with an ETA end of March. Gotta finish the Whiskey first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Dave Roof said:

It's a beautiful kit. I received a test shot a few weeks ago and Academy really did an outstanding job on it. Fit is excellent and the details are nice and crisp. I have a sheet just about ready to go, but will more than likely add to it after my trip to MCAS Cherry Point and MCAS New River this week.

 

FL35001-AH-1-Z.jpg

If you could get me a walkaround of the pilot helmet, would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, norbert said:

If you could get me a walkaround of the pilot helmet, would be great

 

 

I think they are using Thales Top Owl helmet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 1:34 AM, John1 said:

Why o why won't anyone offer a kit of the ultimate Cobra -  the AH-1G?    I gotta believe the market for that one would be substantially bigger than the one for the Zulu version. 

 

Agree the market now has plenty of grey helicopters where are the Vietnam Cobras adorned with stunning nose art you can weather to your hearts content?

When they put out one of those ill buy 4 until then none.

Ok maybe one...lol..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...