Academy AH-1Z Cobra

LSP_Ron

It's a beautiful kit. I received a test shot a few weeks ago and Academy really did an outstanding job on it. Fit is excellent and the details are nice and crisp. I have a sheet just about ready to go, but will more than likely add to it after my trip to MCAS Cherry Point and MCAS New River this week.

FL35001-AH-1-Z.jpg

I will definitely get one. I am currently building the Academy AH-W with the Verlinden detail set, master barrels and Werner Wing's vac canopy. The kit is showing its age and lack in détails but the fit is not bad and it has very nicely done positive rivets all over the fuselage. Looking forward to the Viper to display it next to the Whiskey.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Dave Roof said:

It's a beautiful kit. I received a test shot a few weeks ago and Academy really did an outstanding job on it. Fit is excellent and the details are nice and crisp. I have a sheet just about ready to go, but will more than likely add to it after my trip to MCAS Cherry Point and MCAS New River this week.

FL35001-AH-1-Z.jpg

If you could get me a walkaround of the pilot helmet, would be great

On 3/5/2019 at 1:34 AM, John1 said:

Why o why won't anyone offer a kit of the ultimate Cobra -  the AH-1G?    I gotta believe the market for that one would be substantially bigger than the one for the Zulu version. 

Agree the market now has plenty of grey helicopters where are the Vietnam Cobras adorned with stunning nose art you can weather to your hearts content?

When they put out one of those ill buy 4 until then none.

Ok maybe one...lol..