Su-25 Afghantsi Finished

Dukie99

Neo, Shelby, thanks for leaving a note. I finished the pit (minus the bangseat), I needed to add the throttle and the rudder pedals. I am happy with the result. The Aires cockpit set is really a great addition to this kit: awesome detail, easy to assemble, almost no pour plug to remove, and a good fit, definitely one of their better offerings. 

i-HVxpRsq-L.jpg

i-jcCZshX-L.jpg

Before closing the fuselage, I wanted to ensure that I will not get a tailsitter so I poured a mix of steel grain and PVA for a bit more nose weight. i did a rough balance test she should be firmly planted on her feet.

i-MzsLtWt-L.jpg

i-Kvz84dW-L.jpg

and here is the fuselage closed. The cockpit is epoxied on the left side. I plan to glue the engine nacelles before closing the fuselage to ensure a good fit between the nacelle and the fuselage but before doing that I need to clean up the nacelle seams.

So far the fit of the fuselage is close to perfect.

i-FZSSrXN-L.jpg

i-DcZ8DDx-L.jpg

i-WdmzWjJ-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Thanks Breaker. I noticed the gap too but only after I had glued the nacelles and saw your post. I have some thin styrene I will try to use to fill the gap as it is indeed very regular. If that does work I will use putty but that would be more messy.

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am back. I have to admit I lost much of the drive for this kit over the Summer. Nothing wrong with the kit but I could not get going. We also had new baby in February (our fourth) and as she has become more active, my time at the bench as been reduced, but no complaint as she is strong, healthy and a super happy baby most of the time. I have continued working on the Su-25 but at a snail pace. I should be able to finish it by year end but who knows. This is where I stand now, camo is free hand with MRP colors, decals are from Linden Hill (highly recommended). I used Flory wash (sand) on top and will use grime on the bottom. I was not entirely convinced with the MRP color but their grow on me. I will most likely spray highly diluted sand colored paint to tie everythin together and mute the decals a bit. Still working on the ordnance, which are a pain in the neck.

i-Ksbd5qg-L.jpg

i-35HG6Pq-L.jpg

i-5fK5WND-L.jpg

Cheers,

David