Su-25 Afghantsi Finished

Dukie99

9 hours ago, BradG said:

Good work. I see you have exactly the same fit of the canopy and the gun access hatch as I did, they just don't quite fit perfectly.

Hi Brad,

I plan to pose the cockpit open so the not perfect fit does not both me. For the gun access hatch, I will pretend it is soviet style fit... joking aside when you look at some pictures of 1/1 Su-25, there are a number of panels where they could have used some putty...

cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly but surely we are getting close. Underside weathered and landing gears installed. Need to weather the wheels though. Pitots have been installed.

i-L8wtRQQ-L.jpg

i-XNsMpMv-L.jpg

i-78c5ZXL-L.jpg

i-fxSNcrk-L.jpg

I think I will be able to finish this one before end of December and I am looking forward to the next GB (Eastern front) because I plan to build the Su-25 grand daddy, the Il-2M3 in a tank hunting configuration.

Cheers,

David

• 3 weeks later...

And it is finished. Aside from the major let down of screwing up the bort number due to careless masking (I now pretend it is heavily weathered...), I am happy to call this one done. I think it is a very good Trumpeter kit with lots a good aftermarket available. I could be tempted to build another one (in a few years...) Some picks and then I will move on to the Eastern Front GB with another sturmovik.

i-dsRRWWJ-L.jpg

i-8dvgq4R-L.jpg

i-DWfhfwh-L.jpg

i-xH5mKdx-L.jpg

i-6chNvvQ-L.jpg

i-655Ld8q-L.jpg

i-mq8k6c8-L.jpg

Cheers,

David