SWMBO demands hexagons. WNW AEG G.IV Early because the wife says so

seiran01

Nice work Mike! I wish building a model was one of my SWMBO's demands!   To be fair ( *speaks in British accent* Toooooo be faaaaaaaair - for those who've watched "Letterkenny" )- the SWMBO doesnt really "demand" much of anything, and she pretty much lets me work on my models whenever I want. 

Finally home and with some progress to share on the AEG. Interior details finished (minus guns and magazines), and fuselage all closed up. I really love the wavy effect on the clear cellon trapdoor for the rear gunner, wnw captured the look very nicely.

Tip if you haven’t built an AEG yet - add a strip of plastic on the inside of the nose underside, forward of the wing. It will help the plastic retain its correct shape during the sanding of the seam and in overall handling.

kQzDmgx.jpg
ZRxjmE8.jpg

Looking good, Mike!

And yes, I'll get you those decals when our schedules and the planets align (I'm out of town this weekend).

Not sure my CINCHouse has ever demanded a particular build or scheme.  Sometimes I try to make her pick one when I can't decide.

My dad used to say "I like all of them."   Not helpful!  :lol:

Cheers,

Tim W

Ooooh, colours! With decals this large, a hair dryer is pretty much a necessity to get everything to settle down in place. The decal on the top wing was cut in half to ease application. Special thanks to TimW for donating his hex decals to replace the misprinted sheet in my kit.

6Pu9bVv.jpg

Last update until after the next business trip and just for a chuckle... here is proof that even the mighty can leave something out. In this case, the cutout in the decal for the second bomb rack. No complaint as it was an easy fix after this decal was applied.

The lower fuselage is fully decalled now, will post more photos when I get home Thursday!

HfQERcp.jpg

It’s slow progress, but at least it’s progress. Wings and tail surfaces are dry fit for now but the undersides of these parts are all decalled. Have had to go back and attack fuselage seams again tonight as the spine seam reappeared...

Hopefully tomorrow I can gloss the fuselage again and get some of those decals on - the goal is to complete the fuselage by end of the week.

fTElhvC.jpg