Zoukei Mura Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Tei (Late)

Jan_G

i-3qpTwqS.jpg

Hi guys, 

let me present my recently finished Toryu. :bow:

I didn't go any extra mile with it and having build it mostly OOB. Except some parts from sprue N (missing in my package) which I have scratchbuild and insignia painting masks.

Overall it's superb kit and pure joy and fun to build it!

When I compare it to Do-335 and Ho-229 kits, I think it's better and more friendly to build, just because they have included grey plastic together with the clear one. The undercarriage doen't need any replacmenet because the way how the main legs are moulded together with spars provides enough strength.

Fit was generally great, there were some minor issues with fit of wind shield, front part of fuselage and engine covers, but this could be caused by myself

What I didn't like was that there are no masks for inner side of canopy and that top center fuselage piece has small windows molded separately which makes no sense to me.

Im already looking forward to next releases of Toryu, I will build another one in future for sure

And hopefully we will get some AM for it soon. Resin wheels, instrument panel and fabric seatbelts should be enough IMHO

Works in progress thread here

Thanks for looking

jan

i-KRKk8Wk.jpg

i-vdvWzNQ.jpg

i-5jSJvDf.jpg

i-BFMQbn9.jpg

i-RsdzT3Q.jpg

i-Rg9khBn.jpg

i-55k7Lrr.jpg

i-Q3dS7Cn.jpg

i-CD6LDFD.jpg

i-8nV7xb9.jpg

i-5tfdBLT.jpg

A beautiful build Jan!  I especially like the quality of your in-progress shots.  They really highlight the amount of interior detail that Z-M packs into their kits, especially since it is hard to see once the model is complete.