1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington's 17740

Thunnus

What makes this model stand out from the crowd is not only the excellent weathering, but also the very complex variety of spare parts that were thrown together to keep this aircraft flying.  So cool!  Every time I look at it, I find something new to discover. You are really knocking this one out of the park.

Cheers,

Chuck

37 minutes ago, chrish said:

Dang!

I’ve  got two Corsairs in my stash and I guarantee that neither one will ever be anywhere near as good as this! I guess I’ll leave them in the boxes at least that way they’ve still got potential greatness.

I like that idea. I will do the same!!

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, Thunnus said:

The tail wheel well components have been painted Zinc Chromate and given a dark brown wash.  A flat coat is still to come and I'm trying to figure out if I need to do any more weathering here as it will be pretty buttoned up when the fuselage halves go together.

Re-reading your Corsair build John, and hoping to come somewhere close to your masterful painting and weathering - what paint did you sue for the ZC?  I see AK Real Colors has one (RC263).  

2 hours ago, JayW said:

Re-reading your Corsair build John, and hoping to come somewhere close to your masterful painting and weathering - what paint did you sue for the ZC?  I see AK Real Colors has one (RC263).  

Hi Jay!  It's been a while so I'll have to check but I think it was a Tamiya shade that I used.