DeAGOSTINI 1/16 Scale Zero

Jim MacDonald

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of English instructions for the DeAgostini 1/16 Zero. I've looked all over the internet and haven't had any luck except on one site (here?). A gentleman had started a build post on that site and included a rough translation for many of the steps. Does anybody know of a source for the official DeAgostini English instructions?

I have two of the complete kits with only Japanese instructions. I'd like to build as an A6M2-21 per the kit. The other one I'd like to modify as either an A6M2-N Rufe or as an A6M3-22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim MacDonald

Rafju, thanks for sending the link. Unfortunately, that's the post from the website I thought was from this site. While the instructions from his build are helpful, I'm really in need of the official English version. He skips a lot of the smaller details in his build, that I'm sure are covered in the DeAgostini instructions. The Japanese instructions are good, but my Japanese and especially my Kanji reading ability aren't good enough to pick up everything from the instructions.

Thanks, Rotju and Out2gtcha for taking the time to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

Jim

46 minutes ago, Jim MacDonald said:

Rafju, thanks for sending the link. Unfortunately, that's the post from the website I thought was from this site. While the instructions from his build are helpful, I'm really in need of the official English version. He skips a lot of the smaller details in his build, that I'm sure are covered in the DeAgostini instructions. The Japanese instructions are good, but my Japanese and especially my Kanji reading ability aren't good enough to pick up everything from the instructions.

Thanks, Rotju and Out2gtcha for taking the time to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

Jim

Would it be possible to drop DeAgostini a line on it?   I'm assuming an English translated version of the instructions have been printed somewhere already? 

I hope that you will find a solution but if you do not succeed, use Google translate on a mobile phone. You can use the camera as a scanner and with the language translator, the interface on your screen will show you the instructions with the Kanji translated in English. This is far from perfect but generally sufficient to decipher the contents. I already did it with other Japanese instruction sheets.

Hth

Thierry

Did you check you tube?  Some of the DeAgostini builds have step by step videos on YouTube.  They have a channel where they have full builds following the instructions.  It is a great supplement to the kit instructions if they have it for this build.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow response, cbk7. I did see a few videos on youtube, that were mainly the commercials for when the kit originally came out.

It's been a while since I looked for them on youtube, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mac

4 hours ago, Jim MacDonald said:

Sorry for the slow response, cbk7. I did see a few videos on youtube, that were mainly the commercials for when the kit originally came out.

It's been a while since I looked for them on youtube, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mac

DeAgositini has their own channel but I ran two searches, I have their ModelSpace UK channel marked and did not fine it.  I ran a general search under DeAgostini zero and did not find anything other than basics.  So their may not be a full video build.  DeAgosonini is doing video builds of a lot of their product but I don't see this one.

Edited by cbk57

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, Nick. I was able to get through to the modelspace moderators, but had no luck. They said that instructions for the Zero are no longer available.

Guess I'll have to try plugging away with the Japanese instructions.

Thanks for all of the input, guys. I really appreciate it.

Jim

Thanks for the link, Fooesboy. I had copied the instructions from that site a couple of years ago. I forgot it had so many photos in it. I also just learned how to reload the ones that weren't showing up, so I'm going to be referencing those a lot.

I've never done a WIP before, but I was thinking of doing one. I have a feeling this is going to be a loooonnnngggg drawn out build. Right now I'm making a parts list (1096 so far) to include what step the part is actually used in. A part might come in box/step 2, but not actually be worked on again or used in an assembly until many steps further down the line.

Thanks again for the link, it's going to be a big help.

Jim