F-35A, Italeri 1/32

JAWS

F-35A Italeri 1/32 ready

Painted with Mission Models MMP-083 Have Glass Grey FS36170 and Testor Model Master Neutral Gray FS36270. Decals are Furball Aero-Design "F-35 Anthology Big Scale Lightning IIs". Tail markings are 388 FW, 34 FS, Hill AFB, UT.

This thing took a lot of TLC and patience during the build. The lower fuselage was warped to the point I almost tossed the build. I was able to save it once the fuselage went together by leaving tape wrapped around it for 12 hours.

The wing to fuselage gap is horrible! I wish I would have filled it more but it didn't look bad until the final topcoats were applied and I wasn't going to re-prime and re-paint those areas.

Assembly was straight forward and many parts slid right into place ,amazing.  Overall, I am extremely pleased with how the build turned out.  Yes, the Have Glass Grey appears silver or grey depending on light and angle.

I haven't built anything in 1/32 since 2006, I think I'm hooked on this scale. 

file.php?id=29621&t=1file.php?id=29622&t=1file.php?id=29623&t=1file.php?id=29624&t=1file.php?id=29626&t=1file.php?id=29627&t=1

Edited by JAWS

3 hours ago, JAWS said:

This thing took a lot of TLC and patience during the build. The lower fuselage was warped to the point I almost tossed the build. I was able to save it once the fuselage went together by leaving tape wrapped around it for 12 hours.

The wing to fuselage gap is horrible! I wish I would have filled it more but it didn't look bad until the final topcoats were applied and I wasn't going to re-prime and re-paint those areas.

Brother, you said a mouthful.

I have sworn off Italeri kits at this point, there are too many nicer ones out there like Tamiya big jets and piston engines. Plus WNW and Copper State Models. As we say in Jersey, "Fuhgettaboutit."

On 2/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, Bill Cross said:

Brother, you said a mouthful.

I have sworn off Italeri kits at this point, there are too many nicer ones out there like Tamiya big jets and piston engines. Plus WNW and Copper State Models. As we say in Jersey, "Fuhgettaboutit."

I've built 1/32 Tamiya birds in the past: F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16C block 50.  Currently have 1/32 Tamiya F-4J on bench and F-4EJ on it's way.