HKM Lancaster

Bradleygolding

well, also have the kit, and was looking for an "in progress" or a parts review (could ofcourse do that myself, but lacking the time) especially on my own thoughts about the main landing gear leg construction, just wondering if it'll hold up this monster, it's BIGGGG and probably heavy after completing the assembly, so though the gear "box"construction should be rigid and strong after assembly, i might be wondering about AM replacements like G-factor and such ........

Anyhow, it's indeed a great sight seeing all the goodies inside the gigantic box, but looking at my own building pace it'll be a looooong time before it is even started........

Jack

Well, maybe it is not an issue, the kit's gearleg(s) construction might be sturdy and rigid enough, but it was just a point of interest to me when i saw the sprue parts.

Maybe the guys at LSM might chime in???

J.

We made sure the general outline of the airframe was as accurate as possible but had nothing to do with the overall design of the kit. The undercart has the locks in place (the diagonal stays) that will add rigidity but are not usually fitted (were they during wartime?) But having inspected the build up model at Telfort the undercart is well up to the job. What's this complaining about strength of undercarts etc. I know the aftermarket will have their bread and butter for this but really?!? IMHO there is too much discussion and too little building of, in this case, the Lanc.

Cheers

Cees

On 2/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, Cees Broere said:

What's this complaining about strength of undercarts etc. I know the aftermarket will have their bread and butter for this but really?!? IMHO there is too much discussion and too little building of, in this case, the Lanc.

Cheers

Cees

Hi Cees, slow down and "hold your horses", i also think there is nothing "wrong" with the kit's gear construction, it was just a reflection on my side seeing all the parts that come together to build the main gear construction, and in no way to be seen as a critical note.

The kit is huge and probably heavier than the B17, so that caught my attention, nothing else.

mazzel,

Jack.

No problem Jack, but it has been said here before. These days people discuss discuss and discuss which ultimately end in (to put it politically correct) no positive comments regarding a kit, without noticing it's merits.

Just my (to put it politically correct) humble opinion.B)

Cees