Monogram Kazon Ship (Star Trek Voyager)

LSP_Kevin

Here's the second of the sci-fi distraction builds I started last year, which turned out to be anything but. This one, in particular, I did not enjoy at all. The kit is exceedingly mediocre, and I don't find the subject remotely attractive or interesting. In fact, I don't even really know why I bought the kit!

Box:

PU9oat.jpg

The build itself wasn't much fun, with poor or vague fit, unclear instructions, and a general sense of it all being a bit agricultural. The decals all silvered, though that was partly my own fault for taking a very lazy approach in order to clear the thing off my bench.

Anyway, just the single photo for the purposes of posterity, since I'm immensely dissatisfied with it:

WGf0LF.jpg

I've got one more active sci-fi project to finish, but I've probably cleared the bench enough now that I can return to some aircraft builds.

Kev

20 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Very nice work, Kev!  I watched most of those, but for the life of me can't remember the Kazons.

Well, they were the principal antagonists for the first two seasons of Voyager, but you didn't miss a single thing. The Kazon were just a bunch of second-tier Klingons with lame uniforms and really crappy hair.

General consensus is they were a very poor decision on Berman's part.

Edited by CATCplSlade

A long time ago as a far less knowledgeable modeller I built the Klingon Battlecruiser.  It ended up looking like crap and found it's way into a bin quickly.  I think now with washes and pastels, I might make a much better job of it.  

...but with so many 109's to build....