RF-8G Trumpeter & Fisher Model

EricF

Hello Jackman,

You are right. To be honest I processed before taking my decision. The option to instal the cameras needs to detail all the interior because the windows are large. Painting the interior in black would not have been sufficient. The depth of the resin is very variable in these compartments and I afraid that it could have been visible. 

Due to the very difficult accessibility to work on it, I decided that I will paint the inside surface of the widows in black.

Eric

Just cut out the doors and insert them again afterwards. It would be a shame to spoil all the hard work you have done with blacked out windows... I have used modified Revell RF-4 cameras on mine back in the day. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:08 AM, EricF said:

Hello Jackman,

You are right. To be honest I processed before taking my decision. The option to instal the cameras needs to detail all the interior because the windows are large. Painting the interior in black would not have been sufficient. The depth of the resin is very variable in these compartments and I afraid that it could have been visible. 

Due to the very difficult accessibility to work on it, I decided that I will paint the inside surface of the widows in black.

Eric

I understand & support your decision, Eric.  You're doing great work so far  :thumbsup:

Actually,  it seems to be quite difficult to find pictures of the interior of the RF-8 camera bays. I have seen pictures of the cameras on the internet but I have no idea how they are mounted.

These are the pictures that I have seen:

Cameras:

https://modelingmadness.com/review/viet/us/attardrf8b.jpg

The viewfinder in the nose:

http://www.vfp62.com/IMAGES_3/F8U-1P_viewfinder.jpg

but I cannot find anything that shows how the cameras were actually mounted inside the camera bays. Also, I always wondered if they facing outwards or downwards.  

Starfighter, any chance you could show us pictures of how you modified the RF-4 cameras?

Hey,

This evening I have started to "fill the gaps".

After having taken this challenging decision, I feel more comfortable now. Honestly, when you start to drill the fuselage, you only hope that you thought about everything before on how to challenge the scratch built after.

Thanks Ben for having pushed me on that way.

I will probably open the door of the station 4 ; the aft one here below.

190515093944213320.jpg

190515093946487756.jpg

19051509394716722.jpg

190515093949357846.jpg

19051509395059366.jpg

Cheers 

Eric