WNW Albatros DVa OAW, Hans Von Gössel's flying skull!

karimb

Professor Karim,

Thank you for your clear explanation, I understand now.

I must say the knot less decal was the way to go, it looks perfect and will even better once the weathering is complete.

Sorry to hear about the flywheel rigging, I am dreading this too on my build and am not sure its worth the misery.

Did you glue the rigging to the part?

Ryan

On 3/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, Ryan said:

Professor Karim,

Thank you for your clear explanation, I understand now.

I must say the knot less decal was the way to go, it looks perfect and will even better once the weathering is complete.

Sorry to hear about the flywheel rigging, I am dreading this too on my build and am not sure its worth the misery.

Did you glue the rigging to the part?

Ryan

Ryan my friend hope all is well. Professor who lol. I woodgrained with oils for a while but then realised i would probably never get close enough to the standard i envision for the wood finish of the kits so i moved to uschi’s stuff, which has quite evolved in the past few years too. They allow you to get finishes that are really mind blowing plus add to this filters and weathering and it’s really a show stopper.

The forwardest flywheel that holds the rigging for the elevators had been drilled and the rigging line inserted and then glued them to the side of the column but i think the rigging snapped from the flywheel for some reason and the whole loop moved backwards and is now restinf against the angled part of the stick. I very much think it will be impossible to fix at this stage except if i start breaking stuff and taking it out the cockpit to have more space to maneuver in trying to reglue the rigging. 

Thanks for checking in. Looking forward to progress on your albatros. If you haven’t woodgrained the fuse and want to try the decals i surely recommend them to the highest degree!

Karim

21 hours ago, aircare84 said:

Karim,

Great work on the woodwork !

Am curious as to what decals you used, I do not see any 'barnfind' wood decals on Uschi's site.

Are they the 'Knotless' item 1004?

Larry

Larry thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Sometimes the uschi decals have confusing labels. Once i am back in Doha and have access to the bench i will take a photo of the sheet and post here the reference number for you so it can also be useful if someone wants to use the same product as i did!

Karim