What decals for Revell super Bug?

Mark M

guys, the revell decals in my kit look a little thick so ive been looking for replacment, but i cant find any?

i may be blind but theres nothing for a 1/32 F/a-18e OR am i blind, if there is any UK links would be helpful

thanks

Mark

Mark,

So you have the kit in hand. Can you give us your thoughts on the kit?

I have preordered a kit but no one here in the states seems to have it in stock. I was planning on modeling the VX-9 bird. I am partial  to China Lake aircraft because I was born there. 

Do you plan on fixing the fuselage hump? Any thoughts on how to get the  correct shape?

Dan

im probably the wrong person to ask i know very little about the hornet

having looked over the instructions and kit, the flat spine is very noticable, and the molds are not as crisp as id expect from a new kit, the detail is a bit soft in places

the main issue for me is according to the instructions there are 150 steps to the build, and TBH they look very over complex

i would take some sprue shots, but i managed to drop my camera this morning at the air museum i collected the kit from

sorry i cant help any more

Mark,

Thanks for the photos. The spine is obviously too flat. However the kit basher in me says " I can fix that".

This is disappointing in a new tool kit. I have looked at the instructions  online and it seems to be a very complex kit.

I am looking forward to the challenge.

Dan

8 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Mark,

Thanks for the photos. The spine is obviously too flat. However the kit basher in me says " I can fix that".

This is disappointing in a new tool kit. I have looked at the instructions  online and it seems to be a very complex kit.

I am looking forward to the challenge.

Dan

if thats the only fault i dont think it will be that much of a chore to build it up with filler

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Here is one set, made for Trumpy:

East Coast Superbugs

Thanks Ray, this has made my day just the markings I was looking for my favourite little FELIX.......having seen the decal sheet I know and or almost 100% sure all the decals that I really need to fit, will fit, others can be adjusted or painted.

Had no idea that these were even printed, went to the afterburner link at bottom of review that no longer works so I presume they are no more.

Did a search and found some in stock at Sprue Brothers......so they are now on order, just need to wait for the delivery.

Ali

31 minutes ago, otis252 said:

Not to hijack the stated subject, but can that piece be corrected by a simple aftermarket part? I understand it's a shame that it has to be that way, but can one piece fix the problem?

Chuck

Part of the issue is that the flatness carries over to the rear of the canopy.  To do it right, you’d need a new canopy also.  Plus, the error may go beyond the insert and to the section of the spine that’s molded as part of the upper fuselage.  A replacement part may be a sort-of cosmetic fix, but can’t really make it accurate.