Alclad and Setting Solution: Good or not?

CANicoll

Since this is my first foray into Alclad I thought I would throw the question to my esteems colleagues here at LSP to get your thoughts on using Setting Solutions like Micro Sol and MicroSet with un-coated Alclad.  I've seen a few articles online and some say good, others say seal it first with a clear coat.

What do you all think?  Wrong answers get a piece of coal at Christmas.  :punk:

Thanks!
Chris

Be aware that on some shades of Alclad you might get some staining with Sol...I know;)...recommend a clear seal..Alclad does make a good clear "Aqua Seal"  or Tam. clear,or Metalizer sealer...tried Future a few times found that it will bead up occasionally.  A good seal will prevent wear..buy some cotton gloves (cheap) that will also help. Lot of modelers know that bare fingers are somewhat acidic..which is hard on metalizers when handled. 

Edited by williamj

Alclad’s Aqua Gloss is my all time go to sealer, it not only goes on like a dream, it gives the best protection for decaling to prevent silvering, once decals are applied a few more coats seal them in and you’re ready to weather using enamel based washes etc.

This is my personal choice of course.