Jennings Heilig

Some new Il-76 decals (1/144...)

22 minutes ago, Jack said:

Excuse me for living......but wouldn't this topic be better placed in the "non-lsp" section??????

better still: i would insist!!!!!

Sigh... there is always one.    I believe according to that forum’s description that all posts must be RFI’s or WiP’s.   So we can finally rest easy - this topic is in the correct forum 

Just now, John1 said:

Sigh... there is always one.    I believe according to that forum’s description that all posts must be RFI’s or WiP’s.   So we can finally rest easy - this topic is in the correct forum 

well, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, just as it's mine.............................................

30 minutes ago, Jack said:

Excuse me for living......but wouldn't this topic be better placed in the "non-lsp" section??????

better still: i would insist!!!!!

Nope, general discussion is exactly where it belongs.

Well i agree to disagree, but there it is.............oh btw what's the "non-lsp" for then??????????????????????????????

Edited by Jack

49 minutes ago, Jack said:

Well i agree to disagree, but there it is.............oh btw what's the "non-lsp" for then??????????????????????????????

If you read the forum descriptions, helpful posted right below the name of each forum, all your questions will be answered. 

21 minutes ago, John1 said:

If you read the forum descriptions, helpful posted right below the name of each forum, all your questions will be answered. 

yeah......right.............................................

Edited by Jack

3 hours ago, TBC said:

Which boxing of the kit are these decals designed for, Jennings?

There is only one boxing of the Il-76 from Zvezda.  They’ve done the A-50 Mainstay AWACS, but that’s beyond the scope of the decals.  The freighter boxing contains parts for the Il-76MD and Il-76TD (with and without the tail turret).

Re the 707 & 720 - you’re thinking about the Roden 720, not Zvezda.  

The absolute best, most accurate 707 kit ever made is the 1/100 Nitto/Doyusha/Entex kit from the early 1970s.  It’s still far and away the most accurate model of the 707 made in injection molded form.

4 hours ago, Jack said:

The full title of that forum is Non-LSP Works, and its remit is strictly (and deliberately) limited to applicable in-progress and RFI threads. In other words, it's a place where members can post their non-LSP builds. Everything else belongs somewhere else.

Kev

16 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It’s only ever had two color schemes that I’m aware of.

Oh, we learn something new every day. Thanks.

Wow, that Iraqi scheme looks really cool.  I also like that Aeroflot polar division IL-76

On 2/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, Gerhard said:

Oh wow. Now we need a set for Revell's new 1/144 Antonov AN-225 Mrija.

could have a lego 225 in the white w/yellow/blue stripe scheme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqGetbsfNTU

As usual Jennings those decals look beautiful,

Its not a subject or scale that immediately appeals, but they really are nice..

I do have an IL-76 story  though , 

20 or so years ago I was at a petrol station one Sunday afternoon, it was early Feb I think, and there I was filling the car when I heard the howl of 4 engines trying to cope with a nasty cross wind, (Aberdeen In Feb is cold and usually windy), the noise got louder, and then appearing over top of the filling station appeared an IL-76 basically hanging in the air trying and failing to make any kind of headway .

The man standing next to me lookup and said, (and I'm paraphrasing), "What the heck is that ", "That is an IL-76, a Russian Air force Transport"

"In that case what the hell is he trying to  land in Aberdeen?"

A good question , and one that was answered a couple of days later when a colleague who had  contacts at the airport,

He told me it was flying into Aberdeen to pick up drilling equipment , and fly it back to Azerbaijan , the fun part being that nobody in the cockpit of the 76 really understood English , and the control tower basically told them to get on with it , after they'd ignored multiple instructions .. 

But they made it - Just!