Sign in to follow this  
John1

TH-55 Osage Inbound

AMP has announced a 32nd TH-55 Osage.  A bit unusual but I'm pretty stoked.   Pretty much every US Army Vietnam-era helo pilot got his wings on one of these.    Only thing is that I wish they opted for 35th just for compatibility with most other large scale helos.

Ooooo... I just might be able to turn that guy into a 269C or C-1 with some work.  I can definitely turn it into a 269B without modifying much.  This ought to be a good kit.

I think they might have the ability to mold the canopy sans stupid seam and locater pins. Cool subject. MK

How cool is that!  In 1:32 scale!   So bold and refreshing to see a new Helo in our scale.  

I just missed out flying the Osage in flight school in the late 80’s.  They went straight to the UH-1H as trainers when they phased out the TH- 55.   I loved pulling pitch in the iconic Huey from day 1 on the flight line in Ft. Rucker, AL.    

Bring it on.  

Troy

1 hour ago, Troy Molitor said:

How cool is that!  In 1:32 scale!   So bold and refreshing to see a new Helo in our scale.  

I just missed out flying the Osage in flight school in the late 80’s.  They went straight to the UH-1H as trainers when they phased out the TH- 55.   I loved pulling pitch in the iconic Huey from day 1 on the flight line in Ft. Rucker, AL.    

Bring it on.  

Troy

I like the history of this helo, how many tens of thousands US Army Warrant Officers got their wings on this helo, prior to shipping out to Vietnam?

Of course it begets the question - we'll get something as semi-obscure as this but no one sees fit to release a UH-1D/H in 35th?   Crazy......

39 minutes ago, John1 said:

I like the history of this helo, how many tens of thousands US Army Warrant Officers got their wings on this helo, prior to shipping out to Vietnam?

Over 40,000 Vietnam-era pilots got their wings at Fort Wolters, near me here in Texas.  Many in this bird (along with the OH-23).

I am super excited about this kit!  Any idea on a release date?  Can’t say I’m familiar with AMP - how is their reputation?

-Derek