1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 "Red 1"

Thunnus

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Thunnus said:

Thanks so much for the comments!  I appreciate it!  There is no build log of Red 1 here at LPS so I thought I'd share some highlights of the construction. 

I had planned on using the Quickboost resin radiator cowling and gun cowling but due to some issues of fit, I decided not to.  Instead, I re-shaped the kit radiator cowling by spinning it on a Dremel.

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

The exaggerated valley between the guns on the gun cowling were filled and shaped with Milliput.

IMG_3043.jpg

I used the Aires resin cockpit with HGW harnesses on this one.

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

The kit wing guns and covers were replaced with Quickboost resin replacements and brass tubing for the barrels as the Quickboost barrels were warped.

IMG_3151-1.jpg

All exterior surfaces were riveted using RB Production's Rivet-R tool.

IMG_3603.jpg

Lots of wiring was added to the engine plug.

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

The Henri Daehne prop blades were painted as wood even though the minor chipping made this all but unnoticeable in the end.

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

Dude, those prop blades look like real frickin timber and the finished blades are nothing less than totally realistic...….. kudos.

Cheers Bevan

Thanks guys!  The comments are greatly appreciated!  This is my third 1/32 Dora build and I've always tried to add something new with each build. This time it was the wood props (which isn't really noticeable).  Oh yeah... speaking of the prop, Henri Daehne makes such beautiful prop assemblies, complete with a detailed hub, that I just had to find a way to make the spinner removable.  I used small magnets...

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

JTK-3194.jpg