Trumpeter 03219: F-117A Nighthawk

LSP_Kevin

Great review, which gives a lot of useful information on the quality of the kit — sincere thanks.

If you can get it, AFV Club make a canopy part with a more realistic looking coating. Same mould, just coated. Not in indium tin oxide but it looks the part. 

Disagree about the separate canopy panes = lots of scope for glue smudging and misalignment. Trumpeter have done the right thing with a one piece clear hood and grey plastic insert to give it interior chunkiness. 

If only Wonderland still had them going for £50 !!

Tony 

I think the Trumpeter version of the 117 is a better representation than the Italeri/Revell/Testor's, and one of the most obvious differences is the way the fuselage sections  below both the intake "meshes" is completely wrong in the latter versions. Trumpeter got it right to have this squared box-like protrusion moulded into the fuselage.

I built the Revell version some years ago, got all the control surfaces separated and attached again, both ailerons, flaps and vertical tail parts, and tried to solve the above mentioned discrepancy, but wasn't thrilled with it in the end.

Have the Trumpy kit, so it should be nice to see these two next to each other, but OFCOURSE my building pace is still zero, zilch, nada...........