A29B Super Tucano in 1/32 from Cacciari Models

Jan_G

1 hour ago, P-8APoseidon said:

Rather frustrating, to make contact with this new manufacturer so far.  I've sent private messages to their Facebook page, the personal Facebook page of the owner, and a email to the same person, with absolutely no response so far.

Has anyone been able to successfully communicate with this manufacturer since the announcement of their Super Tucano?

nope i havent recievd any answer also

Mark

I sent an email, it's worth considering that it's no doubt one guy running this, who also has a life.

Patience seems to be in very short supply these days; no decals, am, turret fixes, yada yada yada, for kits that have only just been made available, I don't know what the rush is, just build something else.

I have a couple of kits on a slow boat from China, no idea when they'll arrive, and am completely at ease with that, as I am with the time it'll take to get a reply regards the Tucano.

Yes, I also have plenty of kits to work on, so not being able to order yet another model, is not a problem.  Perhaps one day, there will be an update with more information about how to order, how to pay, for this fabulous looking kit.

5 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Oh happy day! Email back from them:

U$ 109,00 dollars or € 96,00 euros. + plus the shipping price for your country

the shipping price for your country USA  is:  U$ 45,00 dollars or € 39,00 euros. (insurance shipments).

Thanks Mike!  Im hoping a 3rd party does actually get a build the kit first, as Id like to see one built up, and what the challenges are before plunking down any loot. 

1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

Oh happy day! Email back from them:

U$ 109,00 dollars or € 96,00 euros. + plus the shipping price for your country

the shipping price for your country USA  is:  U$ 45,00 dollars or € 39,00 euros. (insurance shipments).

I received the same quote to the UK, so maybe the same worldwide..?

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a review posted on this kit. It's in Portuguese, but there is a translate button at the top right of the page. Even though it looks a bit rough, I am interested to see if anyone has been successful ordering (and getting) the kit.

https://www.spruemaster.com/2019/02/review-1-32-a-29b-super-tucano-cacciari-models/

Mine landed a week or two back, been too busy to do a review for it. Here are two quick pix. Resin is solid and rather heavy, all pour stubs have been removed. Surface detail is... well, see the photo. Blob will need to be removed from nose gear well too. Canopy is extremely thick but strangely distortion free considering.  

Decals are laser printed, not great resolution but they’ll be passable if not looking closely at stencils which have no discernible text. Shapes look good, I think many folks will want to fill and redo all the panels.

Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea for a kit that will need work to bring it up to their standard but hey - it’s probably the only chance we’ll ever get a Tucano in 32nd :)

hSGzrAX.jpg

736f9qG.jpg