Hobbyboss B-24: no turret fix in sight

nmayhew

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

Hi Bob

welcome

sorrybifni misunderstood but what stuff are referring to re Tim’s turrets?

i found the eBay member but couldn’t see any items for sale

kind regards

nick

Sorry Nick...I am TR-6guy on ebay.  I also collect and restore Triumph Sports Cars, hence the name.

I don't have anything currently for sale.  Could I interest you in a very nice Triumph TR-4 water pump housing? (Kidding)

Bob

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Welcome aboard, Bob!

:post1:

With regard to the wing issue on the B-24, the best I can do is point you to Iain's build, where he's endeavouring (rather successfully so far) to address the problem:

Kev

Thank you Kev!

I just spent the past hour digesting what Iain had to say...and it makes perfect sense.

I hope he will produce a former kit, I would certainly buy one.
Bob

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, Wackyracer said:

From a build online otb I found earlier this year

With a bit of polishing from my set of Micro Mesh clothes I was able to obtain a fairly clear finish. After a dip in some AK Interactive Gauzy Agent the finish is quite acceptable.

pU35fF9.jpg

lK3e5mH.jpg

Ooh my hand is famous...........

I'm just gonna leave this here. This is not fantasy. It is real, and available.I have sold over 100 of these. It has been modified from the kit original to be taller.Further the side glazing area has been enlarged by shrinking down the machine gun wind deflectors. They simply are not as big as Hobby Boss has made them. There are two or more ways to assemble. I provide two.

58442723-2145823222167468-75856525725437

58711627-2145823155500808-17532135229022

Edited by 109ace

I received two of these replacement turrets yesterday.  They look good but some instructions would sure be helpful.  Been comparing these parts to the kit instructions, and have to admit that I'm slightly confused.  As for the B-24 kit, in spite of its problems, I really like it, and looking forward to the D.  Just wish Hobby Boss had done a better job, even if that would had added significantly to the price.  I've heard talk that Eduard has some aftermarket in the works and scheduled for release in May.  Here's hoping!

On 4/30/2019 at 11:32 AM, Propwash said:

I received two of these replacement turrets yesterday.  They look good but some instructions would sure be helpful.  Been comparing these parts to the kit instructions, and have to admit that I'm slightly confused.  As for the B-24 kit, in spite of its problems, I really like it, and looking forward to the D.  Just wish Hobby Boss had done a better job, even if that would had added significantly to the price.  I've heard talk that Eduard has some aftermarket in the works and scheduled for release in May.  Here's hoping!

Save us Eduard!

• 2 months later...

soooo...Hobbyboss have sent replacement turrets out to retailers it seems

i have just had a message on FB from the Model Kits for Less FB group of which I am a member, and from whom I bought my B-24

They have them in stock and are shipping to those who purchased the kit originally

I asked them to post pics but not sure if they are going to

that is literally all i know

4 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

i have just had a message on FB from the Model Kits for Less FB group of which I am a member, and from whom I bought my B-24

They have them in stock and are shipping to those who purchased the kit originally

Didn't seen anything on the Trumpter&HobbyBoss FB page.  At least not yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 11:04 PM, nmayhew said:

Any updates?

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on a new Emerson turret for this kit, to replace the old set I had been selling. I'm trying to make these as easy as possible for you guys. I'm taking some inspiration from Bill Koster and they way he solved the problem of the parts seam running over the top of the Monogram 1/48 B-24 turrets. I'm working on a three clear pieces ( Left and right sides with wind deflectors, and a center) that follow the actual two joints used in the real turrets. But I will be adding two inside resin formers that will make combining all three parts easier. I'll post pictures when I have all the parts ready. The one piece vac formed Emerson has become hit or miss for producing. It is a time consuming process that involves freezing before extracting the die. The failure rates were unsustainable , and I discontinued sales. 

Edited by 109ace