Hobbyboss B-24: no turret fix in sight

nmayhew

21 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

It would be best to put a new thread in the Vendor's Forum with new products and banter of orders, questions and the like. Put a link here to the new post. That is the way it is supposed to happen. The discussion no longer matches the topic title.

Ray has it exactly right, here. Commercial posts belong in the Vendors Board, which was, as has been noted, specifically set up for the purpose. We also don't encourage duplicate posts, but a link to a Vendors Board topic in a relevant thread elsewhere is perfectly fine.

To be more explicit, threads detailing the design and development of a new product are usually fine in LSP Discussion, General Discussion, or even possibly Works in Progress. But once that process is over, and said item is ready for sale, posts to that effect need to find their way to the Vendors Board.

Kevin: as Ray suggests, just start a new thread there, and post a link to that thread here.

Kev

This is the last thing I'm posting.

I did exactly as you all have outlined when on Feb28 I posted in the vendors room my resin replacement wheels for Airfix 1/24 classic kits. In the time since, it has received one response and 193 views. Their's that "low foot traffic" and "desert"  validation. So with that, I'm out of here and I am sure nobody will miss me. My mission to bring to market replacement/corrected turrets as requested on this thread is up and flying, and available for all, worldwide to enjoy. Go build those big beautiful bombers! I not only talk the talk. I walk the walk.  If you wish to follow, and see future products, you can find me on Facebook at Models By109ace. Join if you like. It's where I spend all my time. It's been fun guys. 

Edited by 109ace

That seems like an unecessarily extreme reaction? There's no need to get offended.

Not every product in the vendor forum will get loads of comments and thousands of views of course. In comparison to your example, look at model monkey's radio set thread there also from Feb, it's on 100+ replies with 3500+ views. 

So we have a post about people complaining about the lack of good turrets on the HB B-24.

Somebody not only responds but goes to the effort to fix them and make them more accurate.

Then he is told he cant post about them in the very thread discussing the very issue he solves?

If you cant see the irony of that any discussin is pointless.

Sure have a post in the vendors forum for those few who visit there but the entire concept of the thread was the discussion aboutthe B-24 turret situation which 109 has kindly resolved for many people.

Quite bizarre to not be able to mention fixes in threads on issues...

18 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

Then he is told he cant post about them in the very thread discussing the very issue he solves?

That's precisely not what he was told. Only that, like every other vendor here at LSP, once a product reaches the stage where it's ready for sale, subsequent commercial posts are to be made in the Vendors Board. Sure, mention it here - nobody is saying that there's a problem with that - but to turn this kind of thread into a platform for the sale of your item is definitely not encouraged. Did we kick him off the site? No. Did we shut down this thread? No. Did we delete his posts? No. We just reminded him of the rules and request that he abide by them. Politely. The rest is here for anyone willing and able to read and comprehend the thread as written.

Kev

2 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

So we have a post about people complaining about the lack of good turrets on the HB B-24.

Somebody not only responds but goes to the effort to fix them and make them more accurate.

If you cant see the irony of that any discussin is pointless.

Sure have a post in the vendors forum for those few who visit there but the entire concept of the thread was the discussion aboutthe B-24 turret situation which 109 has kindly resolved for many people.

Quite bizarre to not be able to mention fixes in threads on issues...

I think the problem is that he has come up with a fix and made then for sale but now the thread has become his conduit for letting people know about refunds of shipping costs, eBay feedback etc..

As soon as someone politely mentioned moving it to the vendors board (where any self respecting modeller should check at least weekly to see all the great stuff that gets released there) he has flown off the handle and chucked a tantrum over it.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:05 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

To be more explicit, threads detailing the design and development of a new product are usually fine in LSP Discussion, General Discussion, or even possibly Works in Progress. But once that process is over, and said item is ready for sale, posts to that effect need to find their way to the Vendors Board.

Yep, seems straightforward and I quite agree.

Including a "new paint line" topic currently residing in "General Discussion" which is ready for sale ?

:whistle: :)

1 hour ago, PhilB said:

Yep, seems straightforward and I quite agree.

Including a "new paint line" topic currently residing in "General Discussion" which is ready for sale ?

:whistle: :)

That's actually a fair call, Phil, so I've moved Jeff's thread to the Vendors Board.

Kev

At the risk of "piling on", his comment about the "desert" of the Vendor's Board isn't supported by the numbers. The lack of response to his thread about making copies of 1/24 Airfix wheels is maybe more a reflection of the smaller number of people who build in that scale. And also, anyone planning to buy replacements would want something better than what's in the kit, not just a copy. I know in the case of the Mustang, the tires are a bit undersized. I've also been wary of the research ever since he tried to offer a "metal-covered" replacement rudder for the new 1/32 Revell P-51D. It's unfortunate that people seem to have such short fuses these days. I thought the reminder was a pretty gentle nudge. 

Richard

7 hours ago, dennismcc said:

I just hit the "Unread Content" button so I mostly do not know where a topic is located

Same here...................when I hit that button it brings up the latest content wherever its located on the forums.