Hobbyboss B-24: no turret fix in sight

nmayhew

3 minutes ago, mgunns said:

I have always had a thing for the PB4Y-2.  Too bad the only example in plastic is the OOP Matchbox kit.  I think it might be a tad too much considering the cost of the HB kit and then the cost of the conversion kit.  Lots of cutting and splicing, might be a good idea, but not a good seller.  I would think that Trumpeter or Hobby Boss would come out with one in 1/48 at least.

See what kind of feedback you get and what kind of commitment you can get from the modelers.  As much as I like the idea, I doubt I would pop for one.

My 1/48 conversion coming out this weekend maintains my primary focus of easy assembly. There would be 4 cuts in all to et to the basic airframe. I am nt doing mine like the Koster set, or even the Cutting Edge set of 2005. this is all new simplified engineering. While I will have to see what kind of amount of resin will be needed, I'm thinking in the $225 range. Keep in mind, it's a whole nother bird.

20 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Sorry, thought you were selling something. I must be mistaken. ;)

you are mistaken. the thread seeks a solution to a problem with the turrets of the Hobbyboss 1/32 B-24. Turrets with issues so bad they render the model basically unbuildable. Over months of running, I offered and followed through on a solution. One that has put 100 turrets in the hands of buyers of the kit. in the past 10 days. Some of them members of this board. If you seek to run me off to the desert of this website. A place with little to no foot traffic, and bury this solution that can benefit all of them, be my guest. You ain't hurting me. 

10 minutes ago, 109ace said:

If you seek to run me off to the desert of this website. A place with little to no foot traffic, and bury this solution that can benefit all of them, be my guest. You ain't hurting me. 

If you're referring to the vendor forum as the "desert" of LSP I don't think that's completely accurate. Plus other manufacturers (including other 1 man operations, like myself) do post new items regularly and others visitors also go to the-forum to review/comment as well.

Edited by ziggyfoos

23 minutes ago, 109ace said:

you are mistaken. the thread seeks a solution to a problem with the turrets of the Hobbyboss 1/32 B-24. Turrets with issues so bad they render the model basically unbuildable. Over months of running, I offered and followed through on a solution. One that has put 100 turrets in the hands of buyers of the kit. in the past 10 days. Some of them members of this board. If you seek to run me off to the desert of this website. A place with little to no foot traffic, and bury this solution that can benefit all of them, be my guest. You ain't hurting me. 

I dont think anyone is trying to run you off of LSP or to the vendors forums. Quite the opposite, I think Damian was only trying to get you the most exposure for any products you are making, marketing or selling. I for one am interested in what you have to offer as discussed about the vac parts. 

My input is much like ziggyfoos, also as a aftermarket supplier, the vendors board is the place that is designed to be used by us vendors as such to promote our products.

I think where D.B.Andrus was also making a point is now in the 'turret topic thread' you 109ace started talking about and asking for ideas on and thoughts on totally different scale and topics to that of 1/32 scale turrets for the 1/32 scale Liberator.

So it is up to the Moderators to decide how and where you and or I or any other vendor posts, on various new products and especially when it concerns differing scales and subjects.

Ali

3 hours ago, 109ace said:

If you seek to run me off to the desert of this website. A place with little to no foot traffic, and bury this solution that can benefit all of them, be my guest. You ain't hurting me. 

Geez people make too much fuss these days. 

We've had similar threads in the past which have lead to products becoming available, and then the natural path is to post in the vendors forum.

There's nothing to say you can't post the products availability in a new thread in the LSP discussion forum, with a link the thread in the vendors forum.

6 hours ago, Ali62 said:

My input is much like ziggyfoos, also as a aftermarket supplier, the vendors board is the place that is designed to be used by us vendors as such to promote our products.

I think where D.B.Andrus was also making a point is now in the 'turret topic thread' you 109ace started talking about and asking for ideas on and thoughts on totally different scale and topics to that of 1/32 scale turrets for the 1/32 scale Liberator.

So it is up to the Moderators to decide how and where you and or I or any other vendor posts, on various new products and especially when it concerns differing scales and subjects.

Ali

I was, and did make a point of seeking input on a 1/32 Privateer. so I was keeping that straight. I'd like to know before I jump in, if modelers feel they a have already invested enough into the model themselves that adding another $200.00 or so conversion might break the camels back? The only mention of a different scale was that I have created a Privateer conversion in 1/48 th scale. While I have all my plans out, I can consider a 1/32 one. 

Edited by 109ace

25 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

We've had similar threads in the past which have lead to products becoming available, and then the natural path is to post in the vendors forum.

There's nothing to say you can't post the products availability in a new thread in the LSP discussion forum, with a link the thread in the vendors forum.

thank you.

7 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

If you're referring to the vendor forum as the "desert" of LSP I don't think that's completely accurate. Plus other manufacturers (including other 1 man operations, like myself) do post new items regularly and others visitors also go to the-forum to review/comment as well.

I think 109 has a point.   I might hit the vendor forums maybe once/month.   It’s just not on my must-read list like the other forums.   My loss for sure but my surfing time is limited.   

40 minutes ago, John1 said:

I think 109 has a point.   I might hit the vendor forums maybe once/month.   It’s just not on my must-read list like the other forums.   My loss for sure but my surfing time is limited.   

I understand and I'm sure you're not the only one.

There could be a plug (with direct link) in main forum thread of a new/upcoming product(s) and refer to the vendor specific forum post rather than refusing to post in the vendor forum when LSP specifically has the vendor forum for this. The last few pages seemed to have primarily fallen into product(s) and ordering. If product is now available, ideally then post the link to the new product announcement thread on the vendor forum. Also makes it "fair" to other vendors who keep most/all of their announcements on the vendor forum.

Edit... oops, I pretty much repeated what Kagemusha already posted a little earlier

Edited by ziggyfoos