Hobbyboss B-24: no turret fix in sight

nmayhew

9 minutes ago, madmusky said:

Having read about all the errors in the kit, i was wondering if the turrets on this would be more accurate than supplied in the kit? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-24-J-Liberator-huge-paper-card-model-102cm-wingspan-1-33-scale/223418988956?hash=item3404cf399c:g:aokAAOSwDk5UHqKU

Just a thought

Darren

Honestly, I'm not even sure paper kits come with any actual clear parts.....do they?

36 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Honestly, I'm not even sure paper kits come with any actual clear parts.....do they?

Generally they do not but the same companies are quite often offering "aftermarket" clear vacformed 1/33 canopies.

However, the annoying part here is the scale as the parts should be marginally smaller.

Thierry

On 2/25/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jan_G said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here already but on local modelforum.cz one fellow states that there will be replacment parts for turrets ditributed within the month from HB ditributors

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105045&start=2250

Quote from his post (translated):

If anyone else is interested - especially those who have already bought or ordered the Liberator model - today, HB's response came to me that the new / corrected (?) turrets parts would begin to be dispatched within a month. And to distributor addresses for CZ....

if its true so we should get replacements at least for the frosted parts

jan

Has anybody actually seen the replacement turrets? will they be re-engineered to eliminate the seam line running over the top and sides? Or will they just be addressing the issue of frosted plastic and repop them with clear plastic?  On another note, I am averaging about three messages a week from modelers who see my 1/48 th scale B-24 seamless replacement turrets for the monogram kits and ask if I plan on doing anything about this 1/32 scale turret issue. Myt answer is the same to all of them. I had two people offer to send me their turrets for me to create replacements. They both and their commitments went missing. I'm not investing $250 plus in a kit just to cob the turrets from. My offer stands. Contact me in a PM if you would like to have the first set of vac/resin seamless replacement turrets. You will get your original crappy turrts back. My replacements for the Monogram are one of my hottest sellers. ( over 300 sets sold) I offer these in two sets. One for Emerson front, with Consolidated rear birds, and one set with two Consildated turrets for those with that front and rear configuration.

1 hour ago, 109ace said:

Contact me in a PM if you would like to have the first set of vac/resin seamless replacement turrets. You will get your original crappy turrts back. My replacements for the Monogram are one of my hottest sellers. ( over 300 sets sold) I offer these in two sets. One for Emerson front, with Consolidated rear birds, and one set with two Consildated turrets for those with that front and rear configuration.

I dont personally have the kit yet, or I'd send you them myself, but I just about guarantee someone will be along that will take you up on that offer.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I dont personally have the kit yet, or I'd send you them myself, but I just about guarantee someone will be along that will take you up on that offer.

The Gods of modeling have sent a savior for all who own the Hobby Boss B-24. I am assured by a member of the group, that a set of turrets will be on their way to me. watch for replacement turrets soon. Within days of my getting the donor turrets in.

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Do you offer the correct tail turret for the 1/48 Revellogram B-24D?

I havea Consolidated turret that has the added wind deflectors over the machine guns. Included with each turret is an interior and basic parts to trick your turrets out. The top half of both turrets are clear vac and in the case of the Consolidated, the vac dome can be cut to represent the opened up tail gun.

1 minute ago, 109ace said:

The Gods of modeling have sent a savior for all who own the Hobby Boss B-24. I am assured by a member of the group, that a set of turrets will be on their way to me. watch for replacement turrets soon. Within days of my getting the donor turrets in.

Many Thanks.   If these can be done as well as you describe you will have some BRISK sales..............including a set from me too. 

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

Many Thanks.   If these can be done as well as you describe you will have some BRISK sales..............including a set from me too. 

I look forward to the opportunity to bring these sets to market. I am amazed at the response to my "Collectors Pack" of replacement resin wheels for 5 different Classic Airfix 1/24 series aircraft kits.

18 hours ago, 109ace said:

Has anybody actually seen the replacement turrets? will they be re-engineered to eliminate the seam line running over the top and sides? Or will they just be addressing the issue of frosted plastic and repop them with clear plastic?  On another note, I am averaging about three messages a week from modelers who see my 1/48 th scale B-24 seamless replacement turrets for the monogram kits and ask if I plan on doing anything about this 1/32 scale turret issue. Myt answer is the same to all of them. I had two people offer to send me their turrets for me to create replacements. They both and their commitments went missing. I'm not investing $250 plus in a kit just to cob the turrets from. My offer stands. Contact me in a PM if you would like to have the first set of vac/resin seamless replacement turrets. You will get your original crappy turrts back. My replacements for the Monogram are one of my hottest sellers. ( over 300 sets sold) I offer these in two sets. One for Emerson front, with Consolidated rear birds, and one set with two Consildated turrets for those with that front and rear configuration.

Hi

i am interested in clear resin only - not vacform I’m afraid

if you plan resin replacements do you still need kit parts to work from?

Please send a link to your work in 1/48 and I may take the plunge 

9 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Hi

i am interested in clear resin only - not vacform I’m afraid

if you plan resin replacements do you still need kit parts to work from?

Please send a link to your work in 1/48 and I may take the plunge 

Then my set will not be for you. I don't need to work so hard by using clear resin. It's dangerous stuff and it yellows. They will be vac domes over resin bottoms. Just like my 1/48 replacements that I have sold over 300 sets in the past 6 months. My work is on ebay under seller 109Ace

Edited by 109ace

6 hours ago, 109ace said:

Then my set will not be for you. I don't need to work so hard by using clear resin. It's dangerous stuff and it yellows. They will be vac domes over resin bottoms. Just like my 1/48 replacements that I have sold over 300 sets in the past 6 months. My work is on ebay under seller 109Ace

Thank you.

The requirement for sharpness of detail in 1/32 are greater than 1/48 - obviously the parts are just bigger and there is less room to hide.

Most vac parts on finished models still look vac, and I am not sure my modelling skills can stop a vac canopy looking well, ‘vac’ ...in 1/32 all these issues are magnified.

But...

...if no-one Stateside sends you the parts, let me know - the kit is dog sh*t without a fix for the turrets so I don’t really have anything to loose!

Edited by nmayhew