Hobbyboss B-24: no turret fix in sight

nmayhew

Hi,

I have had confirmation from HpH (they of the Ar196 replacement canopy) that they are not interested in making turrets for the Hobbyboss B-24.

this is disappointing as they clearly have the expertise and the projects would have been well within their capabilities.

i am therefore very pessimistic as to this problem ever being resolved - no other aftermarket company has said they are looking at this (please prove me wrong).

Nick

The following may be irritating to some folks but if you just have to get started- build a colorful formation bird.  I am no expert at all but maybe depict an aircraft where the accuracy of the turret(s) do not matter (e.g., removed, altered, painted over) or the color scheme wows the viewer that no one notices.  

Rick

2 hours ago, Kevin H. said:

What is wrong with casting your own?  I'm sorry if that retort is stark but I learned to cast parts I made up back in the bad old 70's. I will just build my b-24 with wheels up and hang it from the garage ceiling. 

Casting normal parts is one thing that is not that difficult, casting large clear parts such as 1/32 scale turrets is something completely different...!

Hell, Ive even thought about engaging Tigger to see if hed be willing to make up some clear parts sets from his vac B-24. I know a lot dont like vac, and Im not super partial to it for all things, but I think for me it would be a better option than the kit parts by a long stretch.

However, I think we will at some point see a turret set from someone. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hell, Ive even thought about engaging Tigger to see if hed be willing to make up some clear parts sets from his vac B-24. I know a lot dont like vac, and Im not super partial to it for all things, but I think for me it would be a better option than the kit parts by a long stretch.

Funny, as I had the same idea in spite of the fact I am not fond of clear vacform parts!

Problem these days is that most in the hobby are just kit assemblers and painters and not  modelmakers , the clear parts are an easy fix with a little milliput  to take casts, polishing of said cast  and vac or plug molding, trimming and assembling said parts to whats left of the trimmed off part is tricky but good results can be had . Its not just modelmaking though, these days everyone wants an instant fix with no effort... patience for others to produce whats needed or effort yourself is the only answer,  bemoaning the fact that others havent done what you wont or cant but need is a strange show indeed..