Oh No ! Not another lancaster !

Kevin H.

Just now, Kevin H. said:

:BANGHEAD2:

I have been working on the HK Lancaster for about a month. Like all their kits it has been a hit and miss, a number of errors and omissions . I have never been in a british built lanc, but I have been in a few canadian built jobs and over the decades I have come to understand that there are differences between the two types. I'm building my lanc to hang from the garage ceiling o it is a wheels and bombay up and oil coolers closed.

I HAVE had issues with the kit decals peeling and wrinkling after applying.  The decals do not settle on the tamiya painted surface and when using flat clear coat is then the decals start to come apart. I have not had this problem with their other kits. After spending about $500.00 dollars to get this kit in canada  I am now becoming some what pissed at HK. And I will not be buying another kit from them. The only reason is I wanted a large Lancaster is to enjoy looking at after it was built. But since I am almost blind and my younger daughter has to help me build these kits as my winter projects until I can get in the garden in spring. The model is helping me get thru the winter months. I think we pay far to much to HK. This time for a mediocre kit.qCJRLYMh.jpg

5 hours ago, DonH said:

Nice progress! I love the look of the DG/DE camo next to the black. Can't wait to see this all together.

Yes I agree, I paint in sections as the model is so big and somehow with my daughter's help in the colour scheme it comes out ok.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:52 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, coming together fast!  

I am envious of you guys who can paint before assembly!  I just have never had luck in that dept. Something always seems to creep up, and I end up having to fill and/or sand in painted spots.

This is the only way I can paint something this size as I do not have a lot of room to model. In the summer I can use my garage as a model room as it has a three by ten foot work table on it and great overhead lighting.