MWP Project: Mirage IIIC "Ça va sans dire!"

aquatarkus10

• 1 month later...

Hi to all

In this update I made a structural change to the model concerning the intakes opened

forum2.jpg

forum4.jpg

I coated the fuselage with metal wire and colored the ventral panel with chrome-yellow.

forum6.jpg

forum15.jpg

I fixed the Pitot tube of the Air Master with its adapter.

forum12.jpg

forum14.jpg

I have highlighted all the details of the tail and the fuselage as well as the metal covered sub-wing tanks with advanced coating technique (MWP)

forum16.jpg

forum17.jpg

forum18.jpg

forum20.jpg

forum21.jpg

forum22.jpg

forum23.jpg

I wrote the  new rivets on the model with the 1/32 scale riveting machine and this is the final result:

forum24.jpg

forum26.jpg

forum32.jpg

forum30.jpg

and now, the final result of this session:

forum33.jpg

for more info & pics:http://www.adventurephotomodels.com

Thanks for the attention
George

hi

very nice job , like it very much , I never dared the bare metal foils ,too "tricky" ( IMHO )..on your last picture , I see you  didn't glue the main parts , belly , and " rump "  yet , I know that these parts are rather "tricky" ( again ...) to take their place . if you are lucky enough , you wont need putty .... fingers crossed

Alain

1 hour ago, alain11 said:

hi

very nice job , like it very much , I never dared the bare metal foils ,too "tricky" ( IMHO )..on your last picture , I see you  didn't glue the main parts , belly , and " rump "  yet , I know that these parts are rather "tricky" ( again ...) to take their place . if you are lucky enough , you wont need putty .... fingers crossed

Alain 

Hi Alain
I thank you for the comment.
I have not yet glued the main parts because first I have to proceed with the coating of the wings (which must be inserted before closing the model).
I can assure you that I will certainly have problems having already performed tests.
I hope that everything can be resolved for the best.
George

I only hope you won't waste your job , especially at the rear part  , what's why , if I had to do , I would coated it afterward , once everything is glued , sanded flush etc......

Alain

Edited by alain11

2 hours ago, alain11 said:

I only hope you won't waste your job , especially at the rear part  , what's why , if I had to do , I would coated it afterward , once everything is glued , sanded flush etc......

Alain 

I totally agree. I had no doubts. Thanks for the advice

George

Hi,

this build is fantastic with the metal foil giving such an realistic appearance.:clap2:

I just have one question. Why are you opening the auxiliary intakes? Are you planning to pose the model in flight?

Nick

3 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Hi,

this build is fantastic with the metal foil giving such an realistic appearance.:clap2:

I just have one question. Why are you opening the auxiliary intakes? Are you planning to pose the model in flight?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your comment. I've appreciated very much.

The reason why teh auxiliary intakes are open is because the model will be placed in a hangar during an inspection and maintenace process

Cheers

George

Ok that makes sense. The intakes are spring loaded in the closed position and only open under full power and low speed. The whole assembly (indicated by the outside panel lines)is normally removed during servicing . I will send you a photo tomorrow.

Nick