New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

• 1 month later...

Gettin' there...

Interior fuselage sides with ribs and stringers are in design now.  Some of what you see here will change or be tweaked a bit.  Instrumentation, cannons and other details yet to be added.  The cannon design is done.  Shooting for a December, 2021 release. 

For assembly, glue the Revell kit's fuselage halves together.  Paint and assemble the observer's station, then slide the station into the Revell fuselage through the wing opening in the bottom.  If also using the Model Monkey cockpit, paint and assemble both the cockpit and the observer's station.  Glue the observer's station to the cockpit.  Once the glue has set, slide the entire model into the Revell kit fuselage through the wing opening.  Epoxy is recommended for a strong bond.

VYuYfp7.jpg

9NDXOkH.jpg

Working towards achieving this:

fe5Y1M8.jpg

Edited by Model_Monkey

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Good news: we're very close to releasing our first of two Bristol Beaufighter observer's stations intended for the classic Revell 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter model kit.  This first release represents the early radar-equipped NF Mk.I and NF Mk.II nightfighter station.  This early radar operator's station is equipped with drum-fed Hispano-Suiza 20 mm cannons and Airborne Interception (AI) Mk.IV radar.

The next release represents the late observer's station for Mk.VI day fighters, TF Mk.X maritime strike aircraft and Australian Mk.21 Beaufighters.  The late station was equipped with bin-fed cannons, a reinforced seat stand for the observer and some other detail and instrumentation differences.

Final early radar operator's station detailing and design tweaks are being completed this week.  Test prints are scheduled for the weekend.

Below are some renderings of the early design with drum-fed cannons.  The first two renderings show the radar operator's station paired with the pilot's cockpit and intra-spar equipment bay ahead of the observer's station.  Together, they form a very large model.  The cockpit and equipment bay will be sold separately.

Cockpits for early and late Beaufighters, dihedral tailplanes, radar equipment, and a torpedo are available now.

Some of what you see below will change a bit.

MhmJkoY.jpg

hxtqv6c.jpg

G31UHSn.jpg

kdEXglh.jpg

bUTeM2G.jpg

Hl2q3tX.jpg

ruOrbQ5.jpg

WcopFgM.jpg

wClsBEL.jpg

I4AOxjL.jpg

RJPBFG9.jpg

49jW2Mm.jpg

Edited by Model_Monkey

11 minutes ago, Model_Monkey said:

Hi Pete, I hope so.  I'd like to offer a Sperry bump, too.  No promises, however; much work to do on the observer stations before I could get to it.

Cheers!

Understood-

All of this looks awesome- will definitely grab all of it! I’ve had a 32nd USAAF Mk VIF in my head for about 25 years…

I can be a little more patient!

cheers

P

I wonder if this gear could possibly be retrofitted to the new tool later model Beau that Infinity have slated for production - to run a back date conversion - or detail improvement ... With the additions of some further bits - like the porcupine exhausts, underwing rockets, different observers perspex etc (the current manufacturers have largely gone missing!) ... you would, no-doubt, have a much better platform to work your magic off ... add some decals and Bob's a good close relative!! ... Infinity make the base kit - you make about 5 or 6 conversion/detail sets available AIMS style!!

Rog :)