New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

Hi Tony,

Great question.  Rather than a complete package, I'll be offering the models individually for several reasons.  Generally, the market responds best to an "a la carte" approach to aftermarket.  References indicate that there were many Beaufighter variations, all equally popular, so it seems most flexible to let the modeler choose which features he or she needs for his or her kit.

The early station will be available to buy this week, probably by the weekend.  Just a few tweaks to be made and then I'll need a couple of days to create an assembly and painting guide.

Once that's all done, I'll get to work completing the late station which is mostly finished.

Cheers!

Great discussion.  References indicate that there were a wide variety of Beaufighter configurations.  For those who would like to model a mid-war Beaufighter Mk.VI with early AI Mk.IV radar and cannons fed by big, boxy ammunition bins rather than cylindrical drums, I'll offer a 3rd aft station model with those features.  So the three stations you can choose from will be:

1. Early-war nightfighter with AI Mk.IV radar and ammunition drum-fed cannons (typical for NF Mk.I, NF Mk.II and early NF Mk.VI).  This model is available now.
  2. Mid-war night fighter with AI Mk.IV radar and ammunition bin-fed cannons (typical for retrofit NF Mk.I, NF Mk.II and mid-war NF Mk.VI).
  3. Late-war strike aircraft (no radar) with ammunition bin-fed cannons and extreme aft armored bulkhead (typical for late day fighter Mk.VI, TF Mk.X and Mk.21).

Dihedral tailplanes, two types of cockpits, and a torpedo are also available now.

There were more variations of Beaufighters, even within the same squadron at the same time, than there are different kinds of socks in my sock drawer.  This makes for many exciting modelling possibilities.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Model_Monkey said:

Great discussion.  References indicate that there were a wide variety of Beaufighter configurations.  For those who would like to model a mid-war Beaufighter Mk.VI with early AI Mk.IV radar and cannons fed by big, boxy ammunition bins rather than cylindrical drums, I'll offer a 3rd aft station model with those features.  So the three stations you can choose from will be:

1. Early-war nightfighter with AI Mk.IV radar and ammunition drum-fed cannons (typical for NF Mk.I, NF Mk.II and early NF Mk.VI).  This model is available now.
  2. Mid-war night fighter with AI Mk.IV radar and ammunition bin-fed cannons (typical for retrofit NF Mk.I, NF Mk.II and mid-war NF Mk.VI).
  3. Late-war strike aircraft (no radar) with ammunition bin-fed cannons and extreme aft armored bulkhead (typical for late day fighter Mk.VI, TF Mk.X and Mk.21).

Dihedral tailplanes, two types of cockpits, and a torpedo are also available now.

There were more variations of Beaufighters, even within the same squadron at the same time, than there are different kinds of socks in my sock drawer.  This makes for many exciting modelling possibilities.

Cheers!

Thanks!   Do you happen to have a ballpark release for the Late-war strike aircraft?

TIA