New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

On 5/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, crobinsonh said:

Apologies if the answer is right in front of me - are you planning any updates for Airfix 1/24th Spitfire and if so do you have a rough ETA?

Keep up the amazing work

I hope to design products for the Airfix 1/24 scale Spitfire in the future.  There are several other projects ahead of it in the queue.

And thanks for the research help, Shawn!

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, Model_Monkey said:

I hope to design products for the Airfix 1/24 scale Spitfire in the future.  There are several other projects ahead of it in the queue.

And thanks for the research help, Shawn!

G’day

i was wondering if you had made any progress on the spitfire, or anything else you have in the works? I’m just getting back into the hobby, and was hoping to find news on more beaufighter upgrades?

hope you are safe and well

Andy

On 11/4/2019 at 12:17 PM, Model_Monkey said:

A wheel wells insert for the classic 1/24 scale Airfix P-51D, P-51K and Mustang Mk.IV kits has been added to the catalog.  Thanks for your patience!

The model features a separate coolant piping section, hydraulic accumulator, fuel tank selector valve, and inner doors actuator pistons.  Sprue removal from the fuel tank selector valve is difficult (piping is fragile).  A spare will be sent with the model.

This model is sized specifically for Airfix and is not likely to fit Trumpeter kits.

file.php?id=122310&mode=view

file.php?id=122311&mode=view

file.php?id=122312&mode=view

file.php?id=122313&mode=view

file.php?id=122314&mode=view

file.php?id=122315&mode=view

file.php?id=122316&mode=view

file.php?id=122317&mode=view

Painting suggestion:

file.php?id=122318&mode=view

file.php?id=122319&mode=view

Any chance of wheel wells for the 1/24 Bf 109E?

Hi Andy and Hacker,

Good news, I released a 1/32 scale British Mk.XV torpedo for the Beaufighter a few weeks ago as well as three different configurations of Bf 109 spinners in 1/24 and 1/32 scale.  For model ship fans, I released a set of RMS Titanic funnels in 1/350 and 1/200 scales a few months ago, and last month I released a set of turrets for five different World War Two-era Italian heavy cruisers in 1/350 and 1/400 scales.

The Beaufighter observer's station is in design now which is proceeding much slower than expected.  Covid-related supply and shipping issues as well as heavy sales have badly affected available design time so most new design projects have been delayed.  Unfortunately, Spitfire designs are among those postponed.  Once the Beau observer's station is done, I'll get to work on the 1/24 scale George cockpit for the Bandai kit.  More Spitfire products are in the queue after that.

Regarding Bf 109 wheel wells, I'm presently working through a very robust and challenging research and design project queue right now.  Once those projects are complete, I hope to add more aircraft projects to the queue.

Thanks for your interest and patience!

Kind regards,

Steve

Edited by Model_Monkey

Here's a rendering of the 1/32 scale Beaufighter observer's station design at about 75% complete.  This is the late station configuration (Mk.VI, Mk.X and Mk.21), with ammunition bins and pyramidal seat support platform.  It is possible that Mk.I Beaufighters were retrofit to this configuration when 20mm ammo bins replaced 20mm ammo drums and the seat platform was strengthened.  Some of what you see here will change and more features will be added as the design continues to mature.

qLCZCXA.jpg

wHC9mxw.jpg

xP8dx9C.jpg

JArFifM.jpg

0dRUqcH.jpg

nE0qCjM.jpg

Edited by Model_Monkey

Just now, Pete Fleischmann said:

........ I’ve been holding on to my wallet until the observers station is ready..I’ll grab that, the cockpit, and tail planes all together in one glorious order!

BINGO!

Im doing the exact same..............Ive already got the cockpit, so Im on order for some tail planes, Observers station, some radio gear for same, and a torp!

Looks awesome, I was happy just with the observers station, but carrying it through to the front spar and including the ammo boxes is really cool! Thankyou for continuing the work on these! I have an early cockpit but I really want a mk21 so I guess I’ll order that with the rear section!