New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

Got my MM parts today - incredible as always! It's very rare for me to mutter "wow" out loud while picking through stuff, but I found myself saying that a lot today. :)

The instructional images on Model Monkey's site are great. But, I try to keep documentation with the actual parts for use at the bench it isn't convenient to go looking things up. So, they're all here on one downloadable and printable image:

bXvOzFT.jpg

MM images used with permission. 

Thanks again, Steve!

D

Thank you, D!

2 hours ago, rigor said:

Every time I go to your site it's nothing but a blue page ?? 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the online catalog.  Let's try to figure out what may be happening. 

The webpage is optimized for desktop PC viewing rather than cellphone app viewing.  It still works for cellphone apps but the catalog opens differently.  If you are trying to access it from your cellphone or from an app on your computer, when you access the site, a medium blue page will first appear with the Model Monkey logo in the center (a dark blue rectangle with M M in it).  It sounds like that's what you're seeing.

To get past the medium blue screen, click on the dark blue logo.  The catalog should then open in your viewer.  I hope that solves the problem for you.

If that's not the problem, you might consider clearing the cache on your web browser and trying again.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Model_Monkey

• 2 months later...

Happy to announce 1/32 scale and 1/24 scale Drop Tanks, 108-gallon pressed paper-type, for P-51 Mustangs and P-47 Thunderbolts, have been added to the catalog.

The 108-gallon pressed-paper drop tank was produced by the Atlas Lace Paper Company in England for use by USAAF aircraft as a stop-gap measure pending the delivery of pressed aluminum tanks from the United States.  The real drop tank was 100 inches (254 centimeters) long.

The model represents the early version with a single nose filler cap.

file.php?id=124637&mode=view

file.php?id=124638&mode=view

file.php?id=124639&mode=view

file.php?id=124640&mode=view

file.php?id=124641&mode=view

file.php?id=124643&mode=view

file.php?id=124644&mode=view

• 1 month later...

Hey Steve 

I got your mk x cockpit and tail planes, WOW! They are really fantastic and the cockpit fits in the Revell Beaufighter kit almost perfectly. Still haven't tried to fit the tail planes, working on other areas of the kit.

Any new updates on the rear navigator/gunner set, I really need one of those so I can finish my build, oh and a 18" torpedo to. I'm doing a build over on LSM (easier to post progress pictures over there) check it out under Crankycrafstman.

I broke the control columns brake lever off is there anyway I can get a replacement for it, if so send me a PM.

Ron G 

• 1 month later...

Happy to announce a set of early P-51 Mustang / A-36 Apache bombs racks is now available in 1/18 scale and 1/24 scale.

This early type of rack is most typically seen on A-36A, P-51A, P-51B and P-51C (Mustang Mk.III) fighters.  Some P-51D aircraft may also have been fit with them.  The rack could carry a bomb weighing up to 550 pounds (~250 kg) or a drop tank.  The models were designed from high-resolution scans of original North American Aviation blueprints.

This early rack featured aerodynamically shaped sway braces faired into the top of the rack.  Later racks were of a simpler design with removable, bar-shaped sway braces bolted to the bottom of the rack.

file.php?id=126334&mode=view

file.php?id=126335&mode=view

file.php?id=126336&mode=view

file.php?id=126337&mode=view

file.php?id=126338&mode=view

Everything looks great!

I was curious, have you given any thought to upscaling your 1/48 Oxygen bottles to 1/32? With a full line of 1/32 large bombers, they would come in mighty handy, as they are more accurate than anything currently available in any of the current kits.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Here you go, Dennis: happy to announce a set of four 1/32 scale Oxygen Bottles for World War Two- and Korean War-era USAAF, USN and USMC multi-engine aircraft is now available.

These bottles were installed aboard many aircraft types including B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell, B-26 Marauder, B-29 Superfortress, A-20 Havoc, A-26 Invader, PBY Catalina, PV1 Ventura, PV2 Harpoon, etc.

file.php?id=127040&mode=view

file.php?id=127041&mode=view

file.php?id=127042&mode=view

file.php?id=127043&mode=view

file.php?id=127044&mode=view