New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

These are such impressive  bits I have MK XXI in the build faze with these great add ons it will take a lot of the scratch building out of the build and a MK XXI cockpit and some add ons to the internal would be great I will defiantly be buying some of these to build up a MkI,MkX and a MkXXI 

Thanks mate I think you just saved that dinasour of a kit from extinction I will be looking forward to getting your 3D bits 

Guy

• 4 months later...

Hi D,

Sorry for the delay.  I've been consumed with a couple big commission projects.  I will complete the observer's station and torpedo soon along with 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang wheel wells for the classic Airfix kit.  Thanks for your patience!

Edited by Model_Monkey

This stuff is awesome! ...

Now if only you could complete a clear rear canopy with the appropriate rear defence equip, some decent MLG ... and the porcupine exhausts that are becoming rather scarce from the AM manufacturers now ...

Just kidding ... Really, really nice work!

Rog :)

Nearly complete, wheel wells for classic 1/24 scale Airfix P-51D / P-51K / Mustang Mk.IV kits will be released shortly.

The test piece below is being tweaked for better fit and significantly further detailed.

The design benefited from scans of original North American Aviation blueprints. The model's aft spar is set at the proper angle to help the modeler correct the Airfix kit's wing dihedral, which is molded too flat.

file.php?id=120195&mode=view

Thanks, fellas!

Regarding fitting the 3D wells to a Trumpeter kit, I do not know if the model is a good fit for Trumpeter. 

The model's design was first drawn in 3D to match overall dimensions shown in NAA drawings.  The model then required some dimensional adjustments to fit the Airfix kit's wing and wheel well openings.  If the Trumpeter kit's wing is dimensionally different than the Airfix kit's wing, the 3D model's adjustments may make the model a poor fit for Trumpeter.  Conversely, if the Trumpeter kit's wing is a good dimensional match for Airfix, this 3D model may be a good fit for Trumpeter, too.

Thanks again!

Edited by Model_Monkey