New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

9 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'd love to see this in a coat of primer, just to get a better idea of how visible the surface striations will be.

Kev

I am sure they will not be visible. To be convinced, save the picture and open it in a software in which you can dimension it to get more or less a 1/32 part size. 

Hth

Thierry 

On 3/9/2019 at 2:13 AM, thierry laurent said:

I am sure they will not be visible. To be convinced, save the picture and open it in a software in which you can dimension it to get more or less a 1/32 part size. 

Hth

Thierry 

Thanks, Thierry!

Once the sun comes up here, I'll post some photos of the radio next to a common object so you can see just how small it is in 1/32 scale (it's also available in 1/48 and 1/24 scales). 

The real radio measures 242 mm x 337 mm x 496 mm.  In 1/32 scale, that's 7.56 mm x 10.53 mm x 15.87 mm, about the width of your pinky finger.

Edited by Model_Monkey

It's great to see the older kits finally getting some aftermarket loving!

So, lets think, Revell Sea Venom FAW.22 next please followed by the Airfix 1:24 Spitfire Mk.I, Hurricane Mk.I and their Ju 87, oh and if you could have these ready for sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks, that would be great :D

Edited by Tony C

Thanks, fellas!

The 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter cockpit design is nearly complete.  Some of what you see here will change. 

Need some help from you Beau experts.  Reference photos of wartime and restored aircraft do not agree regarding the position of the RT.9D radio for early aircraft (BoB) nor the TR.5043 radio for later aircraft.  Perhaps the position differed from aircraft to aircraft and over time.  Any help confirming radio positions of the TR.9D radio and TR.5043 radio is hugely appreciated.  Also, detailed reference photos of the pilot's seat cushion and heater box have eluded me.

file.php?id=116275&mode=view

file.php?id=116276&mode=view

file.php?id=116277&mode=view

file.php?id=116278&mode=view

file.php?id=116279&mode=view

file.php?id=116280&mode=view

file.php?id=116281&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey
Typo.

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

Gorgeous!  

Pleeze do the Rad/Nav office in the back too. The Revell fiction is attrocious.

Other nice-to-haves would be the later tailplane and a thimble nose.

Cheers

Tony 

Thanks so much, Tony and Kagemusha!

Gathering references for the observer's station now.  Hopefully, good cockpit sales will support the design of more Beaufighter products.

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Other nice-to-haves would be the later tailplane

Not to get greedy with the already wonderful looking sets you've shown us, but I might also suggest if you ever decide to do tail-planes for the Torp Beau, a nice non-vac Torpedo would be super cool too. 

I know the vac torpedo in my Lodela Torp Beau is quite a little mess, boarding on unusable. It appears like someone threw sand over the master before pulling my copy. 

30 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not to get greedy with the already wonderful looking sets you've shown us, but I might also suggest if you ever decide to do tail-planes for the Torp Beau, a nice non-vac Torpedo would be super cool too. 

I know the vac torpedo in my Lodela Torp Beau is quite a little mess, boarding on unusable. It appears like someone threw sand over the master before pulling my copy. 

Good to know.  Would need some help with torpedo research.  Scale drawings, preferably dimensioned to confirm size and shape, would be ideal, but can work with less.  Please be advised that a 3D-printed torpedo is likely to be heavy and expensive due to the volume of resin required to print one.  Certainly, I would hollow it to keep the cost down.

Is there a need for Hercules engines?

Edited by Model_Monkey
Clarity.

I might have to defer to the Brit SMEs for the Toepedo , but I know a good 3D one would be well served.

As to the Hercules engine, Vector makes a very nice one, but it is pricey:

51uD9NojY3L._SX466_.jpg

I'm not sure what your price point on such a thing would be, but you'd spend more than $70 USD on two of them for the Beau.