New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

Thanks, fellas!

Great questions. 

Elevator joint: the joint is still in design.  There are different ways to do it and still meet printing requirements but I'd like to make it as prototypical as possible.   In most wartime tailplanes photos, I've noticed that the elevator tabs are often set differentially (inner tabs slightly down, outer tabs slightly up). I may replicate this for added realism.

Early dihedral tailplanes: yes, an early dihedral set will be made available too.  :-)

Hi D,

Valiant Wings' "The Bristol Beaufighter...", page 34, identifies those instruments as long range fuel gauges.

Orders for cockpits keep coming (yay!).  But much faster than I can print.  It may take a couple weeks or so to print and ship your order.  Thanks for your patience!.

Cheers!

Edited by Model_Monkey
Updated.

What a happy thread! Very satisfied customers who have been waiting a long time for a very complete product to get their projects going, and a supplier who is in touch and engaged with the customers and what they want...and is very busy as a result! Doesn't get much better than that.

Speaking of busy, I know you are working as fast and hard as you can, but any news on new 1/24 Mustang products? Or should I maybe start a new thread? Or should I just be patient? :)

Richard

48 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Patience Richard, no doubt MM will start a new thread regards the Mustang stuff, I'm displaying Olympic standard patience waiting for the observers set, and late tails before buying the Mk.X cockpit so I can saw on shipping to Blighty, not to mention the KH Jag :wub: 

:) True, it sounds like he has his hands very full. Hope I didn't sound like a kid before Christmas. I will behave.

Got my TF Mk. X cockpit in today...........

I must say Im impressed. You have to work VERY hard to see any striations, and the print quality is very high. The details are smaller and more crisp than most any resin AM I've seen. Well worth the asking price IMHO considering what you are getting. Will pop out a review soon...............

Thanks so much, fellas!

Please allow 2 weeks to print and ship your model.  That will shorten considerably when an additional 3D printer arrives in June.

Yes, Beaufighter designs have me consumed at the moment (in a very good way).  I promise to get products for your 1/24 scale Airfix P-51 Mustangs out soon, probably early June.  After that, I'll be working on some cockpits and other products for the classic Hasegawa 1/32 scale F6F-3/5 Hellcat and Boeing F4B-4.  Research is complete for radiator ramps for the new-tool 1/32 scale Revell Spitfire Mk.IXc.

Later this year, I'll be designing products for the classic Revell 1/28 scale Sopwith Camel and Fokker Dr.I Triplane, possibly the SPAD XIII, too.

Cheers!

Edited by Model_Monkey

11 minutes ago, Model_Monkey said:

After that, I'll be working on some cockpits and other products for the classic Hasegawa 1/32 scale F6F-3/5 Hellcat

Kewl!! I've currently got both the Has F6F (for the Fuselage and tail planes) as well as the Trumpy F6F (for the wings) to make a Trumpegawa Hellcat - To me the best outcome to use both kits to achieve the best F6F you can make.................

Barring of course if Tamiya-san doesn't announce one!