New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

We have received and are continuing to receive a breathtaking number of Beaufighter cockpit orders.  Thank you! 

The high demand for these products, as well as continuing orders for other products, is affecting our ability to meet demand in a timely manner.  In response to high demand, we have ordered another printer.  It will take about a week to 10 days to receive it and set it up.

For those whose orders have been caught up in the delay, please accept my apologies and my thanks for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Steve

30 minutes ago, Model_Monkey said:

We have received and are continuing to receive a breathtaking number of Beaufighter cockpit orders.  Thank you! 

The high demand for these products, as well as continuing orders for other products, is affecting our ability to meet demand in a timely manner.  In response to high demand, we have ordered another printer.  It will take about a week to 10 days to receive it and set it up.

For those whose orders have been caught up in the delay, please accept my apologies and my thanks for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Steve

That is what a good businessman does; sees a need, fills it, and when the demand exceeds the supply, you invest back in the business to accommodate.   Thanks again for all your work on this.

And here's hoping LSP has in some small way contributed to the brisk sales, and continued Beauf products!  

Cheers, 

1 hour ago, Model_Monkey said:

We have received and are continuing to receive a breathtaking number of Beaufighter cockpit orders.

That's AWESOME. Not just because your investment in time & effort is being properly rewarded (which is amazing in and of itself), but also because it proves there's a good market for the dihedral tailplanes and observer's compartment. ;) 

Some Beaufighter Mk.21 (Australian-built Mk.X) info that might be useful:

SSdU8FR.jpg

fIjSy5a.jpg

l6mnbfO.jpg

Cheers,

D

Edited by D Bellis

21 hours ago, D Bellis said:

That's AWESOME. Not just because your investment in time & effort is being properly rewarded (which is amazing in and of itself), but also because it proves there's a good market for the dihedral tailplanes and observer's compartment. ;) 

Some Beaufighter Mk.21 (Australian-built Mk.X) info that might be useful:

SSdU8FR.jpg

fIjSy5a.jpg

l6mnbfO.jpg

Some pretty good shots and diag of the observer/gunners station D.  Ill be placing an order for the observers station, tail planes and torpedo when they are available for sure

Our Form2 3D printer's manufacturer advised us to purchase as our second printer the newly announced Form3.  For the same price, we're told it features the same great detail and smooth surfaces as the Form2, but with enhanced reliability and faster printing.  We've decided to accept their advice and opt for the Form3. 

The new printer will not ship for several weeks yet.  I regret that until we receive the new Form3, we will continue to be slower in filling orders as we ought to be.   We very much appreciate your patience as we fill the many orders you all have placed for new Beaufighter cockpits.

Yesterday, I began designing new TF Mk.X tailplanes.  In addition to the dihedral and other differences,  they are noticeably bigger than the Revell kit's tailplanes (longer from fuselage to tip).  Thanks to all who provided references to help get the design right.

While you are waiting for your new cockpits, dreaming of Torbeaus at Dallachy, sit back and relax with a pint and enjoy inspiring bagpipes and drums from Bonnie Scotland.

Edited by Model_Monkey

Bagpipes................you either love em (like myself, as my family is about 75% Scotch) or hate em!    Great news on the Formlabs printer too, I think in the long run that will really pay off for your business. 

I can appreciate paying a bit more for the genuine 3D article VS a resin copy made from it. 

The Beaufighter cockpits arrived this morning, and WOW. :o

Qualifier: I occasionally master, mold and cast my own resin parts. With that bit of experience, I can say without reservation that parts this fine could not be cast in resin. There are too many "undercuts" (places on the parts where there are gaps between and under small details), and those simply could not be reproduced within a removable mold. 

y48tOj0.jpg

My crappy camera doesn't do the parts justice. But, at least you can see some of the things I'm referring to (note the double trim wheel assembly and details at the base of the yoke). 

As a guy that's bought several 3D printed items before (from 1/32 details and 1/18 kits to 1/12 R/C airplanes), I'm blown away by the smoothness and high level of detail on these parts. All of these printed parts are works of fine art. 

Thanks Steve! Chomping at the bit to buy your tailplanes and  observer's station. And, congratulations of the Form3 (when it arrives)!

Cheers,

D

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Looks very good - cannot wait to get mine!

Anyone know of good Beau line drawings for rescribing? If not I will just replicate where the raised lines are or refer to the Tamiya 1/48 kit I have somewhere :

Ive got a book at home (forget which one it is but can check tonight) and from what I can recall, the Revell/Lodela panel lines albeit raised, are fairly accurate if my memory serves me. 

Hmmm...I better check my ref's, too. I am not sure I have one with the panel lines and rivets. It is something I can do while watching baseball: you only need to look up when something exciting happens.