New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

As part of some upcoming large scale, 3D-printed aircraft cockpit upgrade designs, very happy to announce a model of the World War Two-era "Set, Complete Radio 522-A" ("SCR-522-A") used by the US Army Air Corps, Royal Air Force and Royal Australian Air Force.  In RAF and RAAF service, this radio set was known as the TR.5043.  This model is available in 1/32 and 1/24 scales. Other scales are possible.

Often referred to as a "Signal Corps Radio", the SCR-522-A was installed aboard many aircraft types.  For example, the SCR-522-A was a conspicuous feature of the P-51D and P-51K Mustang fighters, installed behind the pilot's armored seat back and visible through the bubble canopy.   

Very soon, we will be releasing a highly detailed, 3D-printed cockpit for the classic Revell 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter (see posts below).

Click here for the Model Monkey products in 1/24 scale and 1/18 scale

Click here for Model Monkey products in 1/32 scale.

Click here for the Model Monkey catalog.

file.php?id=114697&mode=view

file.php?id=114699&mode=view

file.php?id=114700&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey
Updated.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:33 PM, Model_Monkey said:

Later this month, we will be releasing a highly detailed, 3D-printed cockpit for the classic Revell 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter.

22 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

That's great news! :yahoo:

D

Indeed it is! I might finally have a reason to build mine, now.

Kev

On 2/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, Model_Monkey said:

Later this month, we will be releasing a highly detailed, 3D-printed cockpit for the classic Revell 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter.

58 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

That's great news! :yahoo:

34 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Indeed it is! I might finally have a reason to build mine, now.

Wow!  All I saw was the radio bit.................I missed the 3D printed Beau pit!     That is INDEED excellent news!   Like the guys above, that makes me super happy, and has been a LONG time coming.   Ive got a Lodela torp Beau that is just begging for one of these! 

Any chance the set will come with a gunners station too? (not being greedy or ungrateful, just had to ask :lol:

Here are some renderings of the Beaufighter cockpit design at about 75% complete. 

Much work yet to do and much of what you see here will change, but you can get an idea of the design's potential.  Changes will include the sidewall panels which will be replaced with simple beams supporting the instruments and throttle quadrants.  Radios will be further detailed.  The floor and bulkheads will be thinned, too.  Other features will be added including a yoke, rudder pedals, heater duct, etc.    The instrument bezels are sized to match Airscale 1/32 RAF instrument decals. 

If there is sufficient demand, I can design upgrades for the observer/gunner's station and an instrument panel for the Beaufighter Mk.21.  No gunner canopy, however, or aft gun.  That will be up to the modeler or another vendor.

file.php?id=114921&mode=view

file.php?id=114922&mode=view

file.php?id=114911&mode=view

file.php?id=114923&mode=view

file.php?id=114913&mode=view

file.php?id=114920&mode=view

file.php?id=114915&mode=view

file.php?id=114916&mode=view

file.php?id=114917&mode=view

file.php?id=114918&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey

I just started on an old Lodela kit.  Trying to get an interior going on this is daunting. Just have a floor and spars in place, but I will HAPPILY wait on one of your interiors. PLEASE do the observers area also. The Beau in this scale has been sadly underserved.  Still debating between a night fighter or TF X.