Fokker pair

sandbagger

Hi all,
As some of you may know, this time last year the modelling community lost 'Des Delatorre', a great inspiration and owner of the 'WW1 Aircraft Models' web site and forum.
Dave Wilson, who now runs the forum, has organised a memorial group build in honor of Des.
I thought I'd like to attempt a double build, consisting two Fokker D.VII aircraft and two figures.
A complete Fokker D.VII - Wingnut Wings Kit No:32027.
A 3D printed 'Aviattic' skeletal Fokker D.VII from 'ShapeWays'.
Anthony Fokker figure from 'Aviattic'.
Photographer figure from 'BlackDog Models'.

Mike

kit.jpg

kit1.jpg

kit2.jpg

kit3.jpg

kit4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi all,
The first Fokker D.VII cockpit is complete now and fitted into the fuselage.
I've added detail, such as instrument cables, grease pump and fuel pressurization pump pipes, under floor cross bracing, engine control rods etc.
I still have to finish it by adding the pilots shoulder harness, which will be attached to the seat mounting frame through the additional linen 'wind break' behind the pilots head,

Mike

pitdone1.jpg

pitdone2.jpg

pitdone3.jpg

pitdone4.jpg

Hi all,

No magic involved.

The reversed lettering is a decal that is part of the set I used from the 'Aviattic' - it's a separate decal applied over the internal 4 colour lozenge.

'Fokker D.VII (Albatros built) ATT32164 (Clear Decal).

Richard even supplies the lozenge decals for the additional 'wind break' baffle which was fitted behind the pilots head and in front of the seat frame baffle.

The coloured shot below is from the Canadian restoration of a war prize Fokker D.VII. It was comprised of parts from different Fokker D.VII aircraft, including OAW built Serial No:6506/18, 8318/18 and 8502/18 and was partially restored in 1963.

The B/W shot is of a similar baffle fitted to a Fokker DR.1.

Mike

cockpit baffle.jpg

DR1-baffle.jpg 

Edited by sandbagger

Hi all,
The additional linen baffle (wind break) that was fitted to some Fokker aircraft is done.
The shoulder straps passed through slots is this baffle and down to be attached to the cross bar of the seat frame bulkhead, which had at the top the standard linen baffle.

Mike

shoulderharness.jpg